Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here there be snow dragons

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2011, 07:51 PM
...and after the blizzards the snow beasts arrive.
They come from the east, their snowy exhalations steaming in the cold air...

...and slowly they progress, hissing down the drive...

...closer, closer, closer until their growls deafen your ears and jack-hammer in your bones....

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Because here there be Snow Dragons.

breeze
January 26th, 2011, 07:55 PM
is that from today hazel????:eek:

I am sooooo jealous
Can I come and help you clear some paths?? pleaseeee :pray:

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2011, 07:58 PM
No, it's from our December storm, I think. :D I just checked patti's snow thread first and saw a request for snowblowing pics. We've only gotten little accumulations since...but probably a foot or so all told.

breeze
January 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
No, it's from our December storm, I think. :D I just checked patti's snow thread first and saw a request for snowblowing pics. We've only gotten little accumulations since...but probably a foot or so all told.

those are great pictures:thumbs up so clear and sunny!! I wish we had that snow now though it would be so much fun :crazy:

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I wish we did, too--ours is kinda dirty and gettin' yellow. We only get about an inch at a time and it just isn't standing up to all the setter feet and setter peein' goin' on out there! :frustrated: :o

pbpatti
January 26th, 2011, 08:35 PM
That is some mean snow dragon you got there Hazel :eek:, looks like you had a real nice snowfall. Did you get any sledding in during that time? patti

Goldfields
January 26th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Terrific, Hazel, thanks. Is it a very slow job? You must get sick of it. That snow is so lovely and white. Can you send us some by Sunday? It is going to be 38C. :( Swan Hill will be flooded by then, it seems so ridiculous, hot weather and terrible flooding together.

breeze
January 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I wish we did, too--ours is kinda dirty and gettin' yellow. We only get about an inch at a time and it just isn't standing up to all the setter feet and setter peein' goin' on out there! :frustrated: :o

same here hazel. :( not even a mountain to climb on this year :(

Dee-O-Gee
January 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Great pics Hazel. Love how DH is sportin' the orange colour on the green JD! :D

BMDLuver
January 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Anyone is welcome to the snow we have here! I have to start the snow dragon here today and it's not a lovely one like Hazel's DH has I'm afraid. It's an old heavy beast that terrifies me to use but I can't shovel for three hours either!

Melinda
January 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
those are great pics, I wish we had nice snow like that, we never really got much this year, no snowbanks to speak of which is very weird for January

Shaykeija
January 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Your dragon looks hungry..want me send him some white food?

hazelrunpack
January 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Did you get any sledding in during that time? patti

Yep! :D Still getting some in now and then, although it's mostly been too cold for sledding. Instead, the dogs and I have been doing laps around the yard to stay warm. *insert :huffing-puffing smiley: here*

Is it a very slow job? You must get sick of it.

Our snow dragon makes pretty quick work of it, and most of what we've gotten since has been so light we didn't need to disturb the dragon for it. I rarely get sick of snow--as long as we get clean layers frequently, it can last for as long as it wants. :thumbs up As you can imagine, though, the snow gets pretty yellow here pretty fast...so frequent snow falls are good.

Anyone is welcome to the snow we have here! I have to start the snow dragon here today and it's not a lovely one like Hazel's DH has I'm afraid. It's an old heavy beast that terrifies me to use but I can't shovel for three hours either!

We have one like that, too...rarely take it out anymore now that we're in the country. We used to use it on the walks and drives at our old house--but the drive was much shorter than the one here. Now, if we get less than a couple inches at a crack, we only shovel the deck and let the rest go (no sidewalks out here to clear).

And it's so nice to see you back on the forum, BMDLuver! :highfive: Been a while!!!

Your dragon looks hungry..want me send him some white food?

Yes, you may! When can I expect it? :D

hazelrunpack
January 28th, 2011, 09:24 PM
breeze and Melinda, we have plenty of banks to climb on! More than usual. So I'm thinking we got some of yours. Thank you for sharing! :p

klm, I've always liked the look of orange and green together, too! :thumbs up

Goldfields
January 28th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Our snow dragon makes pretty quick work of it, and most of what we've gotten since has been so light we didn't need to disturb the dragon for it. I rarely get sick of snow--as long as we get clean layers frequently, it can last for as long as it wants. :thumbs up As you can imagine, though, the snow gets pretty yellow here pretty fast...so frequent snow falls are good.

EEEWWW, too much information. :D :D You are spoiling this vision I had of pristine purity. :laughing: Glad the snow dragon works fast. :thumbs up