Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Long Haired Cat People

pattymac
January 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Do any of you trim the hair on your cat's paws? Coco in particular has really long hair on his feet. He doesn't go out so he doesn't really need it and he has a hard time running on the vinyl floor, not that he runs much anymore. Nino has pretty furry pads too.

quincymycat
January 25th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Do any of you trim the hair on your cat's paws? Coco in particular has really long hair on his feet. He doesn't go out so he doesn't really need it and he has a hard time running on the vinyl floor, not that he runs much anymore. Nino has pretty furry pads too.

NEVER!!! I have 3 Maine Coons and when they go to the groomer I always tell the NO trimming the furry paws...and they keep telling me they remember. I just like to be sure.
My guys have no problem running on the ceramic or hardwood...if they slide abit...as while in pursuit, it just seems to add to the fun! :laughing:

Love4himies
January 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I don't trim Puddles's fur, it is hard enough to trim her nails :yell:

Goldfields
January 25th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I don't trim my Persian's furry feet, but I do trim her claws.

krdahmer
January 25th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I also don't trim Windy or Smoke's furry paws...makes claw clippin a little tricky....but they are oh so cute! :cloud9:

cheesecake
February 1st, 2011, 01:05 AM
I cant even trim my cat's claws. Well I can sneak in a snip when she's asleep but she's getting better and better at waking up Q xQ

I have wood laminate floors so at least she's not getting her nails caught in carpet, and the outter parts are shredding regularly so... eventually I gave up.

I had to wipe some litter that got stuck in her paw-fur somehow (that she had trouble licking off I guess) and she was crying for a full five minutes while I was doing it.