Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do your kitties chatter?

MissPurryJess
January 23rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
My kitty Daisy chatters at the oddest things - when we use the canned air, she chatters and chirps and meows at us. When I organize loose change, she chatters. When we unload the silverware in the dishwasher, she chatters. And my husband was just upstairs using a drill, and she was chattering at him!

Do your kitties do this? It's kind of cute - I'm assuming she's okay, because she's purring and kind of running around while she's chattering - but I've never seen a kitty do this. Her brother Fitzy just watches her like she's nuts. She'll chatter at birdies and moths as well - once she chattered at falling snow! :crazy:

I was just wondering if anyone else has a cat that does this - or if my Daisy Mae is just a funny kitty. :cat:

Koteburo
January 26th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I love that! Scully is barely vocal and she doesn't chatter and Mulder makes a lot of cute noises while she plays. Chattering, purrmeh! meh meh purrrrrrrrrmeow!
Most kitties do it when they see birds. I find it adorable.
You must enjoy all that chattering.
That reminds me of a kitty on youtube called Jupiter, always doing that <3

I'll leave you a link for one of Jupies vids the talking cat! Like yours :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZRqrc0G7jg&feature=channel

Crazy4kitties
January 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I love Jupiter the talking cat! Lol my Sylver does it, when I walk in the bedroom or cat room he'll jump on the bed and chatter at me until I pet him. Cutest thing! We have little conversations :)

(Everyone else thinks I'm crazy)

rainbow
January 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
My princess Jasmine only does it when she watches the birds from the window. My Siamese cross (Ziggy) does it sometimes but I always thought it was because he was bored. :shrug: But I do carry on conversations with him when he's in the mood. :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
January 27th, 2011, 11:08 PM
All my kitties talk to me but Darby is the only one that chatters at the birds. OS and Darby are the only ones that make a certain noise which tells me there are birds outside. If I ask them if they see birds they will start talking to me too like they are telling me all about what they see out the window. It's too cute! :D

Dee-O-Gee
January 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Strangely enough; my oldest daughter will sing/say to Kitty, "I'm bringing sexy bacK" (Justin Timberlake lyric) and Kitty will respond with a meow. :shrug: :D

Koteburo
January 31st, 2011, 09:28 PM
I love reading the replies to this post :D

MissPurryJess
February 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I love reading the replies to this post :D

Me too. :lovestruck:

I'm glad I'm not the only one singing to my cats, either - we have some BIZARRE songs for them. One is to the tune of Bridge Over the River Kwai and one is to the "So long, farewell" song from Sound of Music. :crazy:

Koteburo - I totally enjoy the chattering - sometimes we'll get out the canned air just to hear Daisy chatter at us. I wish her brother did the same - he much prefers whining. :rolleyes: He's such a whiner!