Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sunny - Bichon/Maltese - Missing from Oshawa, Ontario

Chris21711
January 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
I am crossposting this for Michelle..............she is having difficulty posting on pets.ca.

Sunny went missing from Wilson/King Streets in Oshawa on August 23/10

****Sunny's story

There is a very special dog, which whom we are missing. His name is Sunny, he was named this by my husband to bring the Sunshine back into my life.

He accidently got out our door on that horrible day August 23rd, 2010 Wilson/King St Oshawa. Without a trace. He is a Maltese with Bichon, was going on 11 months old when missing now 14 months old. We got him as an older puppy and instantly fell in love with him and he accepted our son and they were instant buddy's.

He is a very friendly dog who followed me everywhere. He has a trait where he will flop onto his back when approached to be pet or go outside for his doggy duty! He was wearing a black leather collar with rhinestone bones around it. He was sceduled to get his micro chip and neutering the week he went missing but unfortunately didnt get the chance :(

He is believed to be very much alive and with a new family whom are calling him a rescue. He may still have a faded marker on his belly near lower leg that says "M4" it apparently can stay up to a year and a half.

I have helped bring home 7 dogs and 1 cat since losing my dog and i tell people not to thank me to thank Sunny. We miss this little guy so much who chose us and fit so perfectly to our family and had a great life that i'm sure he is missing.

Please keep your eyes out for him, he could be groomed like the pic of him lying down or have his full coat. This is a cry for help from us to you the public. Please pass on his pic and get the word out.

Thank-you to all the animal lovers out there!!!

Michelle****

If anyone has any info regarding Sunny, please pm me and I will pass the info along to Michelle.....hopefully the difficulties she is experiencing in posting on pets can be ironed out and she herself can take over this thread.

BenMax
January 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM
:goodvibes:. Good vibes going your way. Get home little one.

Chris21711
January 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Some more photos of Sunny....he is so darn cute :cloud9:

chico2
January 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Aww Chris,what a beautiful little guy,both 2-legged and 4.
It's probably certain someone has him and I:pray:he's spotted,so he can return to his loving family:fingerscr

Chris21711
January 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
From what Michelle says after consulting with a Communicator, somebody does have him and is passing Sunny off as a rescue dog :(

BenMax
January 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
From what Michelle says after consulting with a Communicator, somebody does have him and is passing Sunny off as a rescue dog :(

What if they contacted local vets to look out for the marking on the stomach???

Chris21711
January 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
What if they contacted local vets to look out for the marking on the stomach???

I've emailed her asking what steps have been taken up until now...for some reason she is having problems registering :shrug:

BenMax
January 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Very sad. Honestly, the dog should be given back if they are aware that someone is looking.

BTW -I totally believe now in animal communicators. Never did but do I ever have a story for you! Made me a TOTAL believer...twice.

shirley1011
January 21st, 2011, 11:54 AM
BM...I could tell you stories of animal communicators would give you goosebumps! I never thought I would believe in them~

BenMax
January 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
BM...I could tell you stories of animal communicators would give you goosebumps! I never thought I would believe in them~

Open a thread and I will share my story!:thumbs up

Sunnybear10
January 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone!!! I finally got on here!!! Thank-you for all the great support for my missing dog Sunny :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
January 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
Sunny is a real cutie, Sunnybear10! I hope he comes home to you soon! :goodvibes:

And welcome to the board--just wish it was under happier circumstances. :grouphug:

Sunnybear10
January 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM
Thank-you Hazelrunpack!!! The last three pics were very recent to his disappearance. He was in need of a grooming, but was having a blast at my mom's cottage and if you notice his hair, thats because his Mommy got him brave enough to take a dip in the pond! I miss brushing his hair and not going a day without singing "Sunny Days" sunny sunny sunny daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays. I would give anything to get those moments back.

Ps- i love your quote. Sunny went missing before his first birthday, ironically my husband went in for major surgery the day of Sunny's birthday. His surgery went wrong and he is still fighting a battle to this day.

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Sounds like it's been a rough go of it for you all :grouphug:

Sunnybear10
January 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
There are so many dogs that need homes out there, i know when the time is right i will be giving one of those animals a very loving home. We lost 2 dogs in a six month time frame and my heart is hurting.

Whoever has our dog, i hope you are loving him as much as we did. I cant forgive you for not returning my dog but at least i can be at peace that someone else has fallin in love. Sunny :sorry: you have made an impact on our lives forever, this candle is for you sweetie :candle: i pray you are well takin care of and happy. We miss you more than anyone will ever know.

:grouphug: thank-you, they are definitley needed!!! Whoever wants to throw me some positve vibes, please do.

For Shirley "HI" i remember talking to you through email a bit ago, when your friends had found a dog. It wasnt mine but you were so gracious and helpful and gave me great support and told me if i ever needed to talk just to email you and i never forgot that. I'm glad your thread has been bumped up again. I cant imagine how hard it was for you losing your dog in another area, but give you lots of respect for doing all you could!!!

BenMax
January 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: going your way. My heart breaks for you.:grouphug:

Sunnybear10
January 26th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Awwwww :thankyou: Benmax :):):) your awesome!!!!

aslan
January 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Sunnybear i don't know if anyone suggested this to you, but go to any and all groomers in Oshawa, whitby, ajax,,etc with the pics of Sunny and tell them about the mark inside his leg,,ask them to keep an eye out for it. The two mixes he is are definate groomer material.

SIL
January 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: your way as well as :grouphug:.
I know exactly how it feels loosing a member of the family. Shirley was a great help when Billie went missing as were all the members of pets.
All the best....

shirley1011
January 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: your way as well as :grouphug:.
I know exactly how it feels loosing a member of the family. Shirley was a great help when Billie went missing as were all the members of pets.
All the best....

Sil...never a day goes by I don't think of you and Billie too...it was a very rough time for all of us who lost pets around the same time.

Sunnybear10
January 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
A BIG THANK-YOU to Chris on this forum who started this thread for me. He emailed me a pic of a dog at the Whitby Ajax shelter. We inquired today, my husband and my mom went to go see, sure enough 5 MONTHS and 4 days later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a "MIRACLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just brought him home to me and my son and he was still wearing his collar and had the "M4" mark still very visable on his belly.

I'am in shock, he was wondering the streets in Whitby and someone dropped him off at their shelter.

He is at the groomers right now, i'am still shocked and in disbelief. I have been dreaming of one day updating the sites saying my dog was found and now i get to do that.

All your support on here, has been so wonderful and i know all your prayers helped get him back home again.

He remembered us, and i got the biggest kiss when i saw him.

Thank-you "EVERYONE" and especially Chris your a wonderful man. I will keep you all updated!!!

Michelle

Chris21711
January 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
So happy for your family Michelle...hopefully somewhere along the way Sunny was being cared for by another person/s.....When I sent you the link, I thought it was a long shot, but hey you never know. I'm happy that I could re-unite you all.

FYI Michelle....I iz a lady :o...although I always say that in my next life I wanna come back as a man :laughing:

rainbow
January 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
What a wonderful happy ending. :cloud9:

Sunnybear, you must be beyond ecstatic .....I am so happy for you and your family. :goodvibes:

Chris, you rock, ol' girl. :thumbs up

shirley1011
January 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Michelle....I couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!!!!!! I have goosebumps just knowing how wonderful you must be feeling.

And yes Chris iz a lady...a wonderful lady who spends so much time trying to help lost dogs find their way home.....

Keep us updated as how your wonderful reunion goes.......

Dog Dancer
January 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
What a wonderful happy ending. I bet the reunion was something to see. Sunny must have been just beside himself with happies to see his family again. They most certainly do not forget their people. Chris and many of the others on this board are true heroes and wonderful souls for all their help with people and their missing pets. You guys rock! And Michelle bless you and your family for not giving up on Sunny. Is that you I hear singing right now??? :D

chico2
January 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I have goosbumps and tears going on,what an absolute miracle ending,unbelievable:thumbs up
Oh and yes,Chris is very much a lady,a wonderful caring lady:grouphug:
I was just showing my DH the pic of your son,asking God to bring his dog home,very touching.
I am sure the little boy is very,very happy right now:thumbs up

Sunnybear10
January 27th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone, Sunny just got back from the groomers, had some fleas that they were able to take care off. He is skinned to the bone!!! He is right at home. Smelling all his beds and toys that never left. He ate his food right away, still had it thank-god. Only gave him a bit for now. I just finished having him on my stomach for the longest time, giving him a massage and he didnt budge!!!

They do remember, it is so amazing. He is not even curious about the house he is just so consumed with us. My son just turned three. He said recently to me, that he was going to go on a plane to get Sunny back. He is being awesome with him and super gentle and loving!!!

Thank-you for all the nice comments, you guys are the best. I made sure to come here first to let you know how he is doing!!!!

I phoned my animal communicator, she cried and has offered to do a communication for free when he is settled to hear what he has to say about being home again!!!

OMG i think my face is going to blow up!!! Oh btw to Chris, sorry for thinking you were a dude, i'd like to come back as one next life too!!!! Let me refrase YOUR AN AWESOME WOMAN!!!!

Michelle

Dog Dancer
January 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Glad to hear Sunny is settled right back in. I would suggest though that you toss the old dog food and buy a new bag. If it's kibble it won't be very fresh anymore (unless the bag was unopened and not past it's best before date). You wouldn't want to risk any mold or bacteria that could have grown over the past few months.

Winston
January 27th, 2011, 05:14 PM
OMG I am in tears! Once again it is inspiring to see another lost pet returned home! I would love to be a fly on the wall watching all the happiness in your home tonight! I bet you have already given Sunny boy a hundred kisses !!!

Bless you for never giving up hope that he would return home! and Bless you Chris once again for helping a lost soul reunite with its owners! YOU ROCK MF!

Would love to see some new pics when you can!

cpietra16
January 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM
FYI Michelle....I iz a lady :o...although I always say that in my next life I wanna come back as a man :laughing:

well first of...I'm am so happy for you...a miracle at its best......:thumbs up

....I'm glad you clarified this part too Chris, because all this time I thought you were a woman...and when I say the post I thought....sh**...I've been wrong all this time...you are a man...but glad to see I've been right all along!!:laughing:

luckypenny
January 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM
You're my hero http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif Chris!! :2huggers:

Michelle, I'm so happy for you and your family :grouphug:.

sassylemon
January 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
:highfive: I am so glad you got your beloved family member back. :cloud9:

SIL
January 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
CONGRATS Sunnybear :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up I love hearing happy endings.

Chris, what can I say...YOU ROCK!!!:highfive::highfive:

DigginDaisy
January 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
That's amazing. Congratulations! So happy for your family :)

Josee
January 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Michelle,

Thank you so much for e-mailing me this afternoon ....
I smiled ear to ear had a few tears and giggled all afternoon. I shared your story with my employees and our company president because it's such a happy and inspiring story. They were really awsome and supportive when Angel was missing, I just had to share.
My daughter said it best "He's a Sunny Angel" LOL:angel:
Sunny is so lucky to have you. If his anything like Angel he is going to show you so much love, appreciation and gratitude. Your son has his buddy back :)
The last 3 months have been difficult but unbeleivably good things have happened too......This is 1 of them. I hope your husband gets well soon.....
I'm sure Sunny will bring you some comfort. They are truly amazing creatures.
Feel better too....

hazelrunpack
January 28th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Awesome news, Sunnybear! :highfive: :goodvibes:

14+kitties
January 28th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Oh and yes,Chris is very much a lady,a wonderful caring lady:grouphug:

You're my hero http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif Chris!! :2huggers:

Chris, what can I say...YOU ROCK!!!:highfive::highfive:

Gotta say I agree with all of these comments. Chris - you do rock, you are a hero, you are a wonderful caring lady, and I am so glad I can call you my friend. :grouphug::grouphug: :angel::angel:

Sunnybear10
January 29th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Hi everyone, i'am really having a hard time trying to keep up with everyone!!! I'am overwelmed with all your amazing emails and comments. I'm still under the weather but slowly getting better. I did try and post twice in the last days but everytime i hit submit reply my computer froze.

You have all been so kind thank-you from the bottom of our hearts :lovestruck:

Here is something i just did, you can check it out, its for everyone!!!

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-community-lost-found-UPDATE-Our-Lost-Dog-Sunny-is-now-back-Home-W0QQAdIdZ257321400

Chris21711
January 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
That's nice of you to post that on Kijiji Sunnybear.......don't listen to the folks on here talking about me, they are prone to be a "mushy bunch", trying to wreck my image of :evil:.......:laughing:

We are all happy that you have Sunny back, enjoy that little fella, he is a doll :lovestruck:

rainbow
January 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Sunnybear, that was very nice of you to post your update on Kijiji ....most others wouldn't bother. Hope you come back and join the rest of the forum as not everyone here checks this part of it but they would all love to see pics of Sunny. :goodvibes:

That's nice of you to post that on Kijiji Sunnybear.......don't listen to the folks on here talking about me, they are prone to be a "mushy bunch", trying to wreck my image of :evil:.......:laughing:

Sunnybear, if you do check out the rest of the forum, you will soon realize that this is Chris .....http://www.pic4ever.com/images/121.gif

:laughing: