Chris21711
January 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Ain't this the truth :yell:

BenMax
January 19th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oh this is GREAT!!!! So darn true too.

luckypenny
January 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Why I think that guardians of all breeds of dogs should stand against any breed specific ban. It affects everyone.

Chris21711
January 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Why I think that guardians of all breeds of dogs should stand against any breed specific ban. It affects everyone.

I'm guessing the movement isn't great enough to be heard. "They" don't care, it's not even something the Gov't think about, nor have any intention of thinking about.

It is just so friggin' sad :(

BSCC
January 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
It is sad! But a great picture!

chico2
January 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
That pic tells it all doesn't it:(
Do you know why I don't think the BSL will ever be revoked,no matter who is in charge?
At least 50% if not more,believe Pit-Bulls are evil dogs,the only thing they know about them,is from reading horror-stories in the paper,very,very sad indeed:(

BenMax
January 20th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Vets are NOT helping the situation either Chico2. They actually turn people in when they 'think' a dog is a pitbull or amstaff. They are a HUGE problem as well and adding to the euthanasia rate in Ontario.

Etown_Chick
January 23rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
It's horrible. Euthanizing dogs for no reason.
Makes me want to throw up.

TeriM
January 24th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Great pic :thumbs up.

babyrocky1
March 26th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Vets are NOT helping the situation either Chico2. They actually turn people in when they 'think' a dog is a pitbull or amstaff. They are a HUGE problem as well and adding to the euthanasia rate in Ontario. I don't know of any vets that do that???? Not in Toronto anyways.. there was one case in Mississauga but nothing since then. It's important that people don't get scared away from taking their bullies to be vetted.. just ask for a reference from someone in your neighbourhood.

BenMax
March 27th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I don't know of any vets that do that???? Not in Toronto anyways.. there was one case in Mississauga but nothing since then. It's important that people don't get scared away from taking their bullies to be vetted.. just ask for a reference from someone in your neighbourhood.

Another case just happened in Ontario 2 weeks ago. People brought the dog to the shelter because of it. So yes, it happens more than one thinks. To me, that is unethical.

chico2
March 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
There is a family up the street from me,who's University student daughter brought a dog home about the be dumped by some other students.

I could clearly see in the dogs face he is a pittie mix,she was told he is a GSDX,he is brindle and has GSD ears,otherwise all pittie.
That family loves animals,has taken in stray cats etc...but I don't think they are aware their dog is on the BSL-list...
I hope they don't find out,but I am worried if I say something they'll look at the dog differently:shrug:

Sylvie
March 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
This topic is so sad.:( It makes me angry. Don't people know that they (gov't) will think their ban is a success, even though it isn't and will start to look at other breeds. Having GSD's I know they will be looked at sooner or later for a ban. :eek:

chico2
March 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Sylvie,I believe GSD's are kind of icons in the dog-world,a dog that most people admire,me being one of them,don't think our government could get away with a ban...not that I don't feel very strongly about the idiotic,cruel ban on pitties,a pup being proven to be every bit as loyal and smart as any other dog:(

Sylvie
March 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I hear what you are saying Chico, but scary nonetheless. I never thought they would get away with the pit bull ban, but they did. Why do polititions screw up everything:(

hazelrunpack
March 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I hope that doesn't happen, Sylvie :grouphug: It almost seems like lately popular opinion on BSL is turning the other way. :fingerscr that the trend reverses and this sort of archaic thinking dies out...

Melinda
March 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Vets are NOT helping the situation either Chico2. They actually turn people in when they 'think' a dog is a pitbull or amstaff. They are a HUGE problem as well and adding to the euthanasia rate in Ontario.

oh wow, thats not done here BenMax, man I like cornwall!! I think our little city is the exception to the rule,the vet on Daisy's offical papers had put dane/lab and left out the rotti half (dad was rotti) because I'm not allowed one in my business. but he's known for putting boxer in place of "pit" in a mixed dog. there was a sweet one out doing a pee when I picked up brina friday, damn near broke his bum it was wiggling so fast *L*

.unknown.
March 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I wish more cities would adopt the same values as Calgary's Animal Services. This province may be conservative, but I am proud to know I will never have to witness such a disgraceful ban in my city.

I really hope that Ontario (and all other BSL cities) will open their eyes to the real issues.

mummummum
April 3rd, 2011, 01:40 AM
I cannot tell you how impressed I was and continue to be with Calgary's policy and the many people who made it happen. I had the privilege of hearing Bill Bruce speak this past summer at a BSL rally in Toronto.

Wow. Wow. And Wow Some More.

You cannot find a more sensible thinking or policy about dog guardianship and owner responsibility than anything in any province in this country or for that matter any country on the planet.

We should all *heart* Bill Bruce and the Calgarians who made it happen. They've set the standard on becoming the human beings our dogs believe us to be.