Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Keisha and Koby

Sylvie
January 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
We have just adopted 2 new furkids. They needed a home we said yes. We are now a full house.

The male is a little bossy and the female is a little sweetheart.

Will update on how things turn out.

Sylvie
January 15th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Oops forgot the picture

aslan
January 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM
congratulations Sylvie they're both gorgeous and super lucky to be adopted into your home.:cloud9:

Chris21711
January 15th, 2011, 06:11 PM
They are beautiful Sylvie :cloud9::cloud9:

Melinda
January 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
oh my goodness, they are gorgeous, the black face one reminds me a lot of Brina's mom. congrats

rainbow
January 15th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Sylvie & Hubby :goodvibes:

What a beautiful couple they make :cloud9: ......they are both gorgeous. :lovestruck:

breeze
January 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
O MY!!!!!
what a beautiful pair :lovestruck::cloud9::cloud9:

Congrats!!!

Loki Love
January 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
What a beautiful pair :lovestruck:

CarolynInPEI
January 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM
They are so gorgeous!!!!:D

Masha
January 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
These are the luckiest pups!! Congrats on the new furkids - they are gorgeous and adorable :) they are so lucky that you are adopting them :) keep us updated with photos!

Love4himies
January 15th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Congrats!!!! Story, we need the story :D

Winston
January 15th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Wow MF they are stunning! looking forward to meeting them in person! Hope things are going well, they could not have been placed in a better home!!

Such a nice picture!!!! :thumbs up

luckypenny
January 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Oh-my-dawgs!!! Keisha and Koby are absolutely beautiful :lovestruck: and so very fortunate to have found themselves in your care :grouphug:.

hazelrunpack
January 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM
That's one gorgeous pair, Sylvie!!! :flirt: How is everyone getting along?

And we definitely do need a back story on these two and how they came to be at Chez Sylvie, please! :D

Tundra_Queen
January 16th, 2011, 05:31 AM
They are beautiful! And yes, we need the story. How old are they? Are they brother and sister? How did u get them? etc etc etc. :D

14+kitties
January 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Those are two lucky pups to have found shelter and love at your place Sylvie. :cloud9:

chico2
January 16th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Awww Sylvie,what a stunning pair of puppers:lovestruck:very,very lucky to have come your way.
If I am not mistaken,that makes it 4 large dogs in you house:pray:they all get along:grouphug:

Sylvie
January 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
mini update

We have made it through one day without any major upsets. A couple of disagreements between Kobie and Bree, but not serious. He is pushy.

They are not related - both purebreds from different kennels. We got them from Animal Control - not much on the background available. But we can tell they were both allowed to pretty much do what they want.

Neither one of them knew how to go up or down stairs. We have 6 to get to the back door. Keisha is jumping down them. :eek: Have to teach her how to go down, she will go up. We have put a carpet at the bottom of the stairs to at least give her a chance of not sliding, but we want to stop that as we don't need any medical issues.

Koby just went after our old girl Shadow. We do not leave them alone, so no harm done. It will take a few weeks for everyone to find their spot. Will keep you updated.

Sylvie
January 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Forgot to mention that the picture of them was taken yesterday when we picked them up. They are very photogenic, because they are not as beautiful as they appear. :D

rainbow
January 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Glad there haven't been any major issues. :thumbs up There's always little squabbles during the period of adjustment and I'm sure with all your knowledge they will settle in soon. :goodvibes:

How sad that they don't know how to use the stairs. :( Sure glad that they are now in your loving care. :cloud9:

hedgiemama
January 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
what a gorgeous pair!:cloud9: congrats on the new addition! and good to hear there havent been any major issues.

BenMax
January 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Stunning Pair!!!:lovestruck::cloud9:
CONGRATS!!!:thumbs up:grouphug:

mastifflover
January 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Well they are beautiful and very lucky to end up in your home. I'm shocked you got GS's.:laughing::laughing: Good luck and update soon with more pics especially those ears :cool:

Koteburo
January 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
They're so beautiful http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons0425.gif

LilMac
January 17th, 2011, 11:38 PM
That is a breathtaking photo!! Congrats!!!

Jenn~n~Luke
January 17th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Aww, they're beautiful! Glad to hear they found a wonderful forever home with you :)

BSCC
January 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM
They are beautiful! Congrats on your new addition and I am sure they will do great once they learn the lay of the land so to speak.

Sylvie
January 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thank you everyone.

Things have been pretty hectic here for the last couple of weeks.

Took Koby to the vet today, he has a lump on his chest. Turns out to be nothing to worry about. It was his first trip outside of the house without his sister. He handled everything like a trouper.:angel: The vet was giving him treats, so Koby thought he was great.

So far we have had a few disagreements but I am happy to say that Bree is slowly coming around. She is enjoying playing with Keisha (I thought they would have trouble) Keisha is actually teaching her how to be a dog.:thumbs up

I will try to get some new pictures of everyone this week.

luckypenny
January 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Great news, Sylvie! What an angel Keisha has turned out to be :goodvibes:!

sassylemon
January 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
beautiful dogs! :cloud9:

Sylvie
January 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
You are so right LP

She just seems to go through life loving everyone and everything. I have fallen for her and of course Bree and Kobe also.

Keisha was jumping down the 6 stairs :eek:- now she just jumps down 4 and yesterday I caught her actually walking down the stairs. It won't be long before she walks or runs down them all the time.

Dee-O-Gee
January 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
They're so beautiful next to each other. :lovestruck:

Good to hear the lump on Koby is nothing to worry about. Will the vet keep an eye on it at least? :shrug:

So..can we have a picture of Keisha, Koby and Bree together please? :thumbs up :D

rainbow
January 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
What a wonderful update. :goodvibes:

Glad to hear Koby's lump is nothing to worry about and that everyone is getting along with few squabbles. :thumbs up

And Wooo Hooo for Keisha learning the stairs :highfive: ......what a relief that is. :D

Looking forward to more pics. :goodvibes:

Sylvie
January 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM
They're so beautiful next to each other. :lovestruck:

Good to hear the lump on Koby is nothing to worry about. Will the vet keep an eye on it at least? :shrug:

So..can we have a picture of Keisha, Koby and Bree together please? :thumbs up :D

The vet will definately be keeping his eye on it and so will we.

Its funny you should ask about a picture of them together. I was giving them treats today and all three of them were sitting watching me and I thought what a great picture. Of course there was no camera, next time I will get hubby to be standing there with a camera. They looked so beautiful.

14+kitties
January 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Great update! I was wondering how they were fitting in. Want a couple more? The tenant still has his female (unspayed) and her son (intact) around.

Sylvie
January 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hubby did a Timmy Run this morning and the whole time he was gone Keisha and Bree were playing in the entry way.

Don't really want them doing that but it is the first time Bree has played so long with Keisha. They played so long that Bree's tongue was hanging out of her mouth. It is so nice to see her be a dog. You gotta love the young ones that won't give up. :lovestruck:

Kobe has really changed since yesterday. He just let them play and hung around with me. Shadow, the old girl, just stares at them. If she were a human I could see her shaking her head and thinking those ruffians, forgetting that she was worse than they were at her age :laughing::laughing:

It is so nice to relax a little knowing that they will not kill each other.

Winston
January 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Yippee good news MF! You must be so thrilled that Bree and keisha are playing! You said it wold take time for them to settle and they sound like they are...

I cant wait to meet them!!! We have missed our Sunday walks for a couple of weeks! but we will get back to it hopefully next week!! :thumbs up

Oh and Winston is looking forward to another girl in the pack! it should be interesting adding a boy!!

Chris21711
January 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Great update Sylvie, I had been wondering how it was going with Keisha and Kobe, it sounds just fine :thumbs up