Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Landlord's kiss saves spin kitten

badger
September 20th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Frankie had been asleep in some towels before his brush with danger
A pub landlord gave his wife's kitten the kiss of life after accidentally putting it into the washing machine while it slept in a pile of towels.
Vets told 43-year-old Stuart Warden that his quick-thinking had saved 12-week-old Frankie's life.

"I thought artificial respiration would blow water out of his lungs and the vet said it probably saved him," he said.

Mr Warden is a former fireman who runs the Swan Inn at Whissonsett, Norfolk, with his wife Suzanne, 41.

The landlord, who also works as a part-time printer in Heybridge, Essex, said he put a pile of towels into the machine without realising the ginger tom had bedded down in them.

"He was probably going around in the machine for about five minutes before we realised. I could hear him crying, but didn't know where he was," said Mr Warden.

Mr Warden said the kitten was wobbly for a few days after the incident.

He had water in his lungs and suffered from hypothermia.

But he seems to have made a full recovery.