Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Bite..

Yamcha
January 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Well my cat Monty bit me today on the arm, he seems to get carried away while playing sometimes, It is very slightly swollen, should I be worried? :P

I don't have any symptoms yet.. I figured I'd go to the doctor if I'd get sick.. I've already used alcohol swabs & a bandage..

http://i55.tinypic.com/2kf1c0.jpg

catlover2
January 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
You have to be very careful with cat bites and scratches as one can get infected very easily. The usual thing is to wash it immediately with soap and water, then put on some neosporin or polytropin with a bandage over the bite mark. Any swelling is a sign to go to the doctor. You will likely need an antibiotic. Failure to do so could end up with blood poisoning which is much more serious. Be careful of your health. All the best!

cpietra16
January 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
be careful, catlover2 is right. If there is any swelling/redness you should go and see a doctor. A cat's saliva can be very nasty. One of my feral cats bit me on my finger and her tooth went right through my finger nail and broke the skin....never experienced such pain...and I needed medical help, so be careful.