Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat has bowel movement in sleep

rjc
January 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I have an appointment with my Vet in a few hours, but I wanted to have an idea as to why my cat has started to have bowel movements while she sleeps. If anyone has similar experiences please share them with me.

cpietra16
January 10th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Hi RJC...how old is your cat? I have never had that experience, but my cat did suffer from incontinence. I am sure someone will coming on with their experience and knowledge. Good luck

rjc
January 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Thank you for responding, I have no idea how old, best guess from the experts are five or six. We rescued her from a family that thought she was too ugly to keep. She is a Spynx, her companion another Spynx passed away yesterday from renal failure, he was in the hospital for three days and she started doing this the night we took him in. I am hoping that it is a stress thing cause she misses him. I have an appointment in two hours, hopefully we know something soon.

cpietra16
January 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Stress can do terrible things to a cat. Having lost her companion so recently may have something to do with it. Let us know what the vet thinks.