Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

snoring cat?

jassy3399
January 9th, 2011, 12:40 AM
This is probably a silly question, but is it common for a cat to make a whistling/wheezing sound when he breathes? It only seems to happen when he's sleeping, and it's not always, but I've never heard of cats snoring. He's got no signs of any kind of infection or cold - no discharge from his eyes or nose, no coughing or sneezing, and he's eating, drinking, and playing normally.

TeriM
January 9th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Yes cats can snore. If this is a new occurence then I would schedule a vet visit but if it something the cat has always done then I wouldn't worry :shrug:. If it's new then maybe there are some respitory changes that should be looked at.

jassy3399
January 9th, 2011, 12:56 AM
It's a recent development, and it's not something he does all the time, but it's getting more frequent. I'll phone the vet Monday, just to double check. Thanks

Love4himies
January 9th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Sweet Pea snores :laughing:

chico2
January 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
My cat Rocky,snored all the time and I thought it was just cute,there was no medical reason to his snoring.

Bina
January 9th, 2011, 10:51 PM
My 14 year old male snores and has no health issues, but my previous 17 year old cat had a tumour in the roof of her mouth which put pressure on her nasal passage. I don't want to scare you, but it is wise to get a vet check. Best wishes.