Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

there's a soft mass on my dogs rib cage

gflick1011
January 8th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hello,

My seven year old rescued Poodle/Terrier Mix (who has lived with me for the past five years) has a soft mass directly behind his left front leg on his rib cage. A week and a half ago it was about half its present size of approximately 7" x 4". What could this be?

Thanks for your input!
Gloria & Max

TeriM
January 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
It could be a number of things including a fatty tumour, a bad bruise or worst case a cancerous tumour. It would be best for you to have it checked out at your vet. Hope all goes well :goodvibes:.

gflick1011
January 8th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Thank you for your input!

My dog with the soft mass is Max; he is diabetic and blind. There is a good possibility that he might have fallen when outside and I wasn't close by. My landscaping has lots of stone walls and he tends to walk on then . . . just like he did before going blind in the spring of 2010. Hadn't thought of him having a bruise.

I do plan to take him in to see the Vet.

My other dog, Gracie, a 10 year old Standard Poodle, does have fatty lumps, but Max's large soft mass doesn't feel at all like a fatty tumor.

Will keep you posted. This is my first time on a forum like this.

Again, thanks for your reply!

Gloria

the gang
January 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
diabect and blind i can understand i have a pincher like that, you might want to see the vet as soon as possiable, brenda and the pins

rainbow
January 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Welcome to pets.ca, gflick1011 :thumbs up

I'm sorry to hear about Max :( but since the mass has grown so quickly I would take him to your vet asap.

I hope it is nothing serious ....good luck and looking forward to your update. :fingerscr :goodvibes: