Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

swimmer puppy

carol kilmon
September 18th, 2004, 11:16 AM
;) Hi I just had to tell anybody who has a litter of pups with a "swimmer" pup not to give up on him. My golden lab had a litter of 8 pups with a single survivor. After two weeks we noticed his flattened rib cage and splayed legs. The vet adviced us to put him down as he would never walk and probably die of pneumonia within a couple of weeks. This little guy was my "miracle pup "surviving a birth he probably shoudnt have. No way was I going to throw away my miracle. The next few weeks my family and I started a massage therapy program we made up as we went along. When we sat in front of the tv we held him,massaging his spine and stretching his legs, pulling them together. It was so sad seeing him trying to manuever with his swimming motions trying to get across the floor. After three weeks of this,he tried to get up one his own and he did it. From there he took his first wobbling steps at six weeks of age. It has only been a week and he is now walking and running like there was never a problem... The vet was amazed . He also called him a miracle and just shows what love and effort can do.

iRONKNiGHT
September 18th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Your good intensions,affection and dedication to your pet show's that you truely love your pet!
thanks for sharing your story, The love and devotion that your family showed him i think that's the miracle!

krdahmer
September 19th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Wow...that is a great testiment to how much you love these animals. It's so great to see that some do not give up when the vet says to. Something must have told you it was not that little guy's time. Thank goodness for small miracles!!! :)

Cflat
September 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Hopefully you will get the "Golden Lab" spayed a.s.a.p. The union was obviously not genetically good. Please fix her!

I'm glad the pup is going well, much luck for future health and happiness!

wAggie
September 19th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I hope he know what wonderful parents he's got! :D

Sneaky2006
September 20th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Wow, that is amazing!
I am glad you didn't give up on this pup, thanks to you it sounds as though he will live a normal life. Excellent job! :D

debanneball
September 20th, 2004, 10:54 AM
That truly was an amazing story. Please keep your little pup, as obviously no one can look after him better than you ever will. I hope you realize how much love you are going to get back in return..... :D

glasslass
September 20th, 2004, 07:37 PM
That is soooo heartwarming!! :o