Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

missing cat

rlosacco
January 8th, 2011, 10:16 AM
our cat pearls went missing dec 12 2010 in beamsville,on long hair charcol grey white on chest has extra toe on each foot(polydactle)male neutered,has claws:shrug:

14+kitties
January 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hi rlosacco. What have you done to try to find Pearls? Have you posted as many pictures of him as you can in your neighbourhood? Have you gone to Lincoln HS to see if he has been picked up? I think Lincoln has the contract for Beamsville. You need to go in and see if he is there rather than phone as they sometimes get many cats in and they may miss him. Ask to also see their sick room and feral room. The feral room in particular as some cats when trapped and picked up act feral (wild).
I am not aware of any rescues in Beamsville although there may be one or two operating quietly. I know there are some angels in the area who do as much t/n/r as possible. I hope if he has been picked up that would be why. You say he is a polydactyl too. That may be enough to have someone pick him up just for his "uniquiness".
As much as it may hurt you should also contact the roads crew to find out if they picked up a dead cat in your area.
If you have any pictures of him could you post one here?It may help. How old is he? Indoor only or indoor/outdoor? Also, what area of Beamsville? Maybe I can be of some help.

chico2
January 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
14+,she mentions that the cat is a neutered male,not declawed,I guess the name Pearl,made you think he was a female.

He sounds gorgeous,hopefully he'll be found,we got soo much snow today:pray:

14+kitties
January 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
14+,she mentions that the cat is a neutered male,not declawed,I guess the name Pearl,made you think he was a female.

He sounds gorgeous,hopefully he'll be found,we got soo much snow today:pray:

:o Thanks chico. I got so excited when I saw Beamsville I missed the rest of the info. I fixed it. :thumbs up

chico2
January 9th, 2011, 08:41 AM
14+,hopefully he'll make his way to a very famous kitty-rescue I know:pray:;)

rlosacco
January 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM
14+ thankyou for your input yes linclon looks after beamsville,we live north of the qew on the lake close to tufford rd.did not check with road crew yet and chico was right we thought he was ashe.pearls is a indoor/outdoor cat i am not very good with computers how do i get his picture on here?he is 9 years old,chico is this famous rescue in oakville?

14+kitties
January 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
14+ thankyou for your input yes linclon looks after beamsville,we live north of the Qew on the lake close to tufford rd.did not check with road crew yet and chico was right we thought he was ashe.pearls is a indoor/outdoor cat i am not very good with computers how do i get his picture on here?he is 9 years old,chico is this famous rescue in oakville?

Ok, I have a fair idea where you are then. You're a bit away from me so no danger on him coming this far.
Being an indoor/outdoor is a bit of a conundrum. Kitty is used to being outside and unfortunately over time will venture further and further away. How are the coyotes around your area? That is also something you will have to consider. :( I know up here (on Grimsby "mountain") they are getting very bold coming close to houses during the day.
Have you contacted Lincoln and put up posters yet? Also go and knock on all of your neighbours doors to see if they have taken him in thinking he is a stray. In this weather that tends to happen. Is Pearls microchipped?
This is a thread I did last year with tips for helping to find missing cats. Maybe something on there will help. :fingerscr
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69919

For posting pics hit reply, go to the "additional options" part of the page, go to manage attatchments, click and follow the instructions. If you have pictures of Pearls on your computer it is a simple matter of attaching one here.

I have my fingers crossed that Pearls shows up soon.

rlosacco
January 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
uploaded pic not sure if worked

chico2
January 9th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Our wonderful rescue-lady is a bit away from you,but I'll let her speak for herself,ok:cat:

Pearls is beautiful,very unusual colors for a male:lovestruck:

I am sorry to read Pearls is an outside/inside cat,the only thing good about it,is that he probably knows the area and might find his way home.
However,like 14+says,there are many dangers out there:(
Still,he could possibly have been scared off and ran too far,finding himself lost..hopefully someone will find him..:pray::fingerscr

14+kitties
January 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
chico is this famous rescue in oakville?

I think chico means me rlosacco. :o I have a small private cat sanctuary in the Beamsville/Grimsby area. I do try to help as many people as possible in the area who need help with locating their pets. If nothing else I lend out my live trap so there is a chance of catching the errant kitty.

rlosacco
January 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
thanks for the tips in searching for pearls i have met the cat lady of beamsville and the cat lady of vineland both called me saying they had my cat ,went to see but not pearls:( so many strays around here pepole dump cats around here aparently very rural