Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Sibe in West Calgary

kitona
January 7th, 2011, 11:31 PM
My foster sibe, a young spayed female, slipped her collar while we were walking in Bowness park and took off heading west towards Bearspaw dam. She's utd on all shots and is very dog friendly but a bit shy of people. If spotted, please email me at kc0822@telus.net. She's quite small and is white and gray with a black stripe down her back. Thank you all!

Rgeurts
January 7th, 2011, 11:39 PM
It would be very helpful if you could post a picture of her.

kitona
January 8th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Here she is.

mona_b
January 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
She is GORGEOUS.:lovestruck::cloud9:

Have you put up posters? Informed the shelters in and around your area? The vet clinics? Is she chipped?

kitona
January 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Yes, posters are up, radio stations notified, city notified, area dog walkers notified and there are 3 search parties of Hope-friendly people and dogs out looking in her familiar haunts. Oh yeah, vet clinics too. And, since she is a sibe, Cochrane area vets and AC informed as well.
Lucky for her she is beautiful. I think she is the product of not-so-good breeders. I am fostering her for the BC sibe rescue. She was in the city pound for over a month, had shut down and was going to be euthed because of her mental state. So I volunteered to take her in. She's had absolutly no training what so ever but had been coming along wonderfully. Until now, that is.

Rgeurts
January 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
What a beautiful girl she is!! I hope she will be found soon. Good luck :)

chico2
January 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM
OMG,what a beauty:lovestruck::pray:she's found soon:fingerscr

mhikl
January 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I gasped when I saw that pic. A prize winner for sure!

My pup used to run off all the time so I used a whistle of three fast blasts around her enough so she would recognize it. When she escaped for an explore, I'd drive round tooting like there's no tomorrow and she would come abounding. I think giving her treats after tooting might have been the real trigger that brought her home safely.

When you get the pup back, think about this trick.

kitona
January 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Found! Just got the call from Animal Control and she's safe and sound!

Chris21711
January 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Fantastic news :thumbs up

shirley1011
January 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Good! Good! Good!

rainbow
January 8th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm so glad she was found so quickly :thumbs up ....Beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

chico2
January 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Great news this Sunday morning:thumbs up
She is such a beauty,hopefully someone,I know there are many Husky-lovers out there(me too),will take on the challenge to train her and give her a wonderful home:pray:

BenMax
January 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Fabulous News! PHEWWW.

Best of luck in finding her a forever home.:thumbs up

kitona
January 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Hope is home at last. She just finished off a nice bowl of warm beef stew and we're off to take a nap.
I really, really hope that all the other scared, lost, hungry, cold, tired creatures listed on here and everywhere, find their ways home, soon.

chico2
January 9th, 2011, 04:34 PM
kitona,thank you,that's great to hear:thumbs up

Sylvie
January 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
We need more good news like this :thumbs up

Thank you for helping her.

kitona
January 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Since she managed to cover 16 kms up and over COP and down the other side into the Elbow River valley in a matter of 3 hours or so, I'm going to start training her to pull, as in skijoring. Should be a huge confidence builder for her, help her channel some of that energy hers and increase her ''worth'' as an adoptable dog. Poor thing has had zero training so we're really starting from scratch.