Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I did it

pug lover
September 18th, 2004, 04:28 AM
It took a while but the breeder I got Rosie from has been closed down. No more sick or half dead puppies from him........ :D :D :D :D :D

krdahmer
September 18th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Good Job!!!!!

Sneaky2006
September 18th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Awesome!! Way to go! :D

chico2
September 18th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Puglover,I am very proud of you,good job!!!

Cinnabear
September 18th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Great! Must feel wonderful. :)

Sneaky2006
September 19th, 2004, 01:26 AM
How is Rosie doing anyway... have any more pics of that cutie??? :D :D

pug lover
September 19th, 2004, 06:00 AM
rosie is doing great she has to get more x-rays on friday to make sure everything is setting properly :confused: she is still eating ketchup on her food :rolleyes: and is finally starting to look like a real pug. :cool: I will poste some new pictures as soon as i get them - pre and post she is still parasite and flea free, and almost totally house trained.

I can't enrole her in any puppy classes thou until her casts are off for about 8 weeks, but she does go to petsmart for outings and socializing.

pug lover
September 22nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
I can't and won't say single handedly. It took a lot of time but with persistance everyting turned out great.

The breeder i got rosie from was also flying a puglet to china, I flew to vancouver to meet him so that I could bring her on the plane as a cary on instead of cargo. the breeder , however was going to fly her from oregon--thats where it becomes interesting. in order for him to ship her to me she had to be inpected by an agricultural vet, who would then sign the papers allwering her to board the plane. this must be done atleast 7 days prior to flying.

Rosies papers were signed. when I researched the vet listed on the papers, no such vet existed....I contacted the ministry of agriculture and they had no official record of this pup anywhere, under mine or the breeders name, the papers had an identification number on them reistered to a german shepard not a pug.

then i told them that rosie's brother would be flying out of the oregon airport as weel destnation China.

I then forwarded all of my vet papers and a statement from my vet which stated all of the problems and treatments rosie had upon arrival to Canada

they then intervened with rosie's brother. they new what to check for. they them forwarded me the name of the animal investigator assigned to my case beacause i think i was bothering them.

rosie's brother died of internal parasites. they shut him down thats all i know

Britishvixen21
September 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Wow what an amazing story, and lucky of you to notice those errors. well done for shutting another disgusting place down. Sometimes i feel like the people running these places should have done to them what they have done to the animals!

see how they like, being caged up in a 2ft by 2ft cage, with internal and external parasites and dirty drinking water, and having to poo on themselves cos there isnt anywhere to go, bet theyd think again before setting up a new place as i know some of these people do.

mastifflover
September 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
You did a great job and probably saved a lot of pugs from a life of illness or death before there time. You should be proud of yourself.

pug lover
September 22nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
but i supported a puppy mill by buying one of his outrageousely expensive dogs, paid big $$$$$$$ to fix her and I have to feed her ketchup on all of her food (my fault)

her brother though was sacrificed to see if what I was saying was true or not. Is that fair? :( al least he will not be breeding any christmas puppies THIS year