Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just HAD to say this...

meggie1425
September 17th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sorry, but i think about this alot, and i just had to say it. I think it is DISGUSTING how many dog and cats are dumped off at shelters and rescues etc.. And it makes me just as mad that SO many people have dogs and cats and dont even appreciate them. I personally LOVE dogs so much, but have never been aloud to have one since my parents dont like them. Now that i'll be graduating soon, and finding my own place to live etc.. ill probably have to wait ANOTHER few years (at least) before i can get a dog (it wouldnt be fair for it to be home allday while i go to school, work, etc.)
My point is.. It just makes me so mad that there is so many poeple who dont appreciate their pets, then people like me (who LOVES animls, but cant have pets) can only watch as they ignore and never spend anytime with there pets, people like that dont deserve to have pets.

Bugsy
September 17th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Meggie

You might try volunteering at your local SPCA as a dog walker. You would make a perfect candidate. And think
those poor babies would look forward to your visit and wait
all day for you to get there. Big dogs especially need the
help :)

iRONKNiGHT
September 17th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I agree with Bugsy, that's a great idea..but also you know meggie you can do like me and get a Kitty.. i Love dog's too but i cant at the moment, school,work, living alone having to pay bills and make end's meet, but as soon as i can you can bet your bum i'm getting a doggie lol..

krdahmer
September 18th, 2004, 07:46 AM
I've also done the dog-walking thing at the Humane Society as I cannot have a dog due to allergies. I figure that I may not be the one to save them and give them a forever home, but at least I can make it more bearable while they wait for one. And yes....all 'dog' people are secretly 'cat' people just waiting to be introduced to the right cat....lol... ;) Right Knight??? :)

Oh...and yeah those kinds of crappy and irresponsible pet owners....peave us all here! :mad: So vent away we completely understand! :)

iRONKNiGHT
September 18th, 2004, 10:52 AM
all 'dog' people are secretly 'cat' people just waiting to be introduced to the right cat....lol... ;) Right Knight??? :)
Yeah you're right.. if you Truely love all animals.. no matter what kind i am sure the same love you would have for a dog you'd have for a kitty :)
even tho Trixy keeps slicing and dicing me too bit's i cant imagine life without her!

chico2
September 18th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Knight,it really gets to me when people say to me"oh,you are a cat-person!"
I am not any specific animal person,I am someone who many times prefer the company of animals to people(some people) :eek: I love all animals and would love a dog again,but at this time of our lives 3 cats is plenty and we love them to bits.

meggie1425
September 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Yes, i am an animal lover and love ALL animals,(i just think about dogs more often because theres an unofficial dog park right behind my house so every time i look out my window im reminded of what i cant have :D ) i had a cat when i was younger, and i loved her SO much!! But, since i have birds that are out of their cage very often, im not sure it would be very safe to have a cat!! But thats a good idea, when i do move out i can get a cat, yay!! :D Thanks for the suggestion about volunteering to walk dogs at my local SPCA that would be perfect for me!!

melanie
September 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by krdahmer
all 'dog' people are secretly 'cat' people just waiting to be introduced to the right cat....lol... Right Knight???
Yeah you're right.. if you Truely love all animals.. no matter what kind i am sure the same love you would have for a dog you'd have for a kitty'

i love all animals but am strictly a dog girl, i have lived with other ppls cats in the past and im not into them that much, i would offer a cat a temporary home or feed one if it needed it but i would not have one of my own, and they are too independant, i need needeness in my pets :D i have helped cats in trouble before, keeping them over night to go to rescue the next morning etc but i still have never been tempted to keep one, not a cat person. but i must say i cannot pass any animal in the street be it cat, bird, donkey, dog without saying hello and having a pat. i have the same love and respect for all animals i just like to live with dogs :D :D

and i too hate crappy pert owners and to think they are allowed to have kids as well, jsut amazing :eek: