Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Skin

Patty Ryan
January 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have an almost 6 year old brendel boxer named Moses. In the last several months I have been taking him back and forth to the vet with no success. He is losing his hair all over his body, his legs are completely bald. His ears have been developing sores and will spontaniously start bleeding, they are not clipped so he tends to sling them everywhere when they are bleeding. He itches all the time and is on benadryl twice a day. He is also on thyroid medications as well. He is a very well taken care of animal but neither myself or the vet can figure out what is going on with his skin. He also recently had 5 benign tumors removed from the inside of his mouth. He is very uncomfortable and I hate having to take him to the vet so often. Is there anything anyone knows about this and if so what can I do to fix it.

pbpatti
January 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
He Patty, welcome to you and Moses, my first thought was Food allergies. You did not mention what you are feeding him.

Also..can we have some pictures just to make sure we are seeing what you are seeing lol....nah just want to look at your furbaby.:D patti