Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Forget Vick - Cheer for "Mel" - one of his victims

Chris21711
January 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
The article is a bit long...but worth the read.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/010211dnmetfloydcol.148152a.html

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Definately worth the read, however not fond of the headline..We can forget Vick..if we do..it will happen again, if he isn't already back underground doing it again...nothing would surprise me.
Btw, Obama lost a fan in me, by endorsing Vick, as far as I'm concerned anyone who can overlook what that ******* did is no better than Vick himself.
Just my :2cents:

14+kitties
January 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I just want to take Mel and give him a big huge hug!! After all that poor pup has been through. :( Not gonna say what I'd like to do to Vick. He isn't worth wasting words on.

lindapalm
January 4th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I never was a fan of Obamas, now I know why. He's a freaking idiot, and should never got involved the the Vick mess.

chico2
January 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Chris,I did not read the article yet,but I will...
As for Obama,I was shocked when I read he supports Vick,it might even promote more dog-fighting:evil:
Maybe Obama will suggest Vick buys a Portugees Waterdog.
It also proves Foot-Ball is more important than suffering dogs...:(

chico2
January 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
WOW,very well written and so very true,although reading what these poor animals went through,makes my stomach turn and my anger at the injustice of treating killer Vick like a changed man and a hero, makes me sick.

I have seen many episodes of Dog-Town at Best Friends,my little heroin being Georgia,the tooth-less little girl who was constantly raped,to produce more fighting material.
My dream is to one day visit Best Friends,the best animal sanctuary in the world,where every animals life is important.

Love4himies
January 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I love the line: we've mixed up being a great athlete with being a great person. They're not the same thing..

And this evil slime ball wants to get a dog for his kids :frustrated:

marko
January 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Obama is a great speaker but he should have kept his mouth shut on this one.
I'm sure he upset more people my speaking about this rather than keeping quiet...and he is NOT a stupid man.

So....what was his motive, what did he 'get' for this?

I Feel terrible for Mel but I am very happy that he is finally with a decent human and no longer the property of a sociopathic scumbag.

chico2
January 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I don't know when the Dallas Cowboys/Eagles game is(cannot stand foot-ball),but since the column was written in a Dallas newspaper,hopefully a nice crowd will be protesting Vicks appearance and the Cowboys will beat the Eagles big-time:fingerscr:evil::fingerscr:evil: