Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

[PICTURE] What is this lump?

ddeejaaee
January 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hey, I tried calling the vet today but they were closed during their hours. This lump has been on Dexter's tail for awhile. Can anyone help me find out what this is?

Some info

- It irritates him; he licks it and nibbles at it quite often

- It bleeds sometimes (Probably from the nibbling)

- He's lost his hair around the area (Probably from the nibbling too)

A picture

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4870/img1988v.jpg

Frenchy
January 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
It's hard to tell just by looking at it. You'll have to bring your dog to your vet so he can do an aspiration test of the lump.

diandpat
January 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
It's hard to tell just by looking at it. You'll have to bring your dog to your vet so he can do an aspiration test of the lump.

What Frenchy said :thumbs up If he is nibbling at it it must be bothering him and if it is bleeding then there is a risk of infection. Better to get it under control now, whatever it is.

Good Luck!!!!

Winston
January 4th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I have a friend that had a dog weith that on his tail. The vet removed it and said it was a cyst. It has never returned!

Keep us posted what the vet thinks! :thumbs up

rainbow
January 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM
ddeejaaee, were you able to get to the vet today? I hope it is just a cyst. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ddeejaaee
January 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely take Dexter to the vet as soon as I can, I actually found out they won't take my dog unless I'm a registered patient...so this may be a longer process than I had hoped.

I'll let you guys know what it was as soon as I find out!

Thanks

ddeejaaee
January 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Got back from the vet today, it's a cyst that's slightly infected, so nothing to worry about (:

Got a special soap to clean it and it should be all good within a week or 2!

All happy
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5466/15576346807000899551075.jpg

rainbow
January 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Glad it was nothing serious and hope he has a speedy recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes: