Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fight!!

luckypenny
January 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
I can't deal with this. I walked in on them just in time...managed to get it on video. I'll be calling the behaviorist in the morning.

Your thoughts :shrug:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ANg_rq824g

Dee-O-Gee
January 2nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Oh geez LP! Sure looks like you got a SERIOUS problem happening there! :eek:

It's time for time outs in the hugs and kisses corner! :D :D

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
"...hugs and kisses corner" :laughing: I like that!

JennieV
January 3rd, 2011, 12:09 AM
OMG.. LP! how can you get anything done around the house??? that is the most adorable thing I have seen in a LOOOOONG time :lovestruck::laughing:

Tundra_Queen
January 3rd, 2011, 05:23 AM
LP...geezeeeeeeee WOMAn! yOU SCARED ME! I thought u meant Lucky and Penny were fighting!!

Those little darlings are so darn cute!! I didn't know they could play like that at only 3 weeks old!!! Do u think they are pure bred shih tzus? Cause boy would I love to have one or 4........LOL

BenMax
January 3rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Goodness LP - what in the heavens are you going to do about this very unruly detructive behaviour?:laughing:

Is this the litter from the 11 year old shih tsu? If so, how is momma doing?

diandpat
January 3rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: those two will have to be adopted separately :rolleyes:

Love them all...getting so so big. How is Mum doing???? Is she getting more "alone" time now?

Great job LP...you really stepped up and stepped in with these pooches needed you :highfive:

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 11:09 AM
OMG.. LP! how can you get anything done around the house???

I don't :D. Seriously, they do sleep a lot so then I get to clean up, do tonnes of laundry, take Cuddles out every 2-3 hours when she's not sleeping, and then play with our guys too. Other than that it's a daily cuddlefest here :cloud9:.

LP...geezeeeeeeee WOMAn! yOU SCARED ME! I thought u meant Lucky and Penny were fighting!!

:D

As a matter of fact, those two have been amazing the last several weeks ! Even dh has commented how calm and relaxed they all are as well as responding to us 100% of the time :thumbs up.

I didn't know they could play like that at only 3 weeks old!!! Do u think they are pure bred shih tzus? Cause boy would I love to have one or 4........LOL

They were 4 weeks old yesterday. It's funny now but I'm wondering if I'll be laughing or like this :eek: when the teeth come in. Both Cuddles and the father are Shih Tzus. You'll find the adoption application at the Rescue's website :D.

Goodness LP - what in the heavens are you going to do about this very unruly detructive behaviour?:laughing:

The behaviorist is on her way over :laughing:.

Is this the litter from the 11 year old shih tsu? If so, how is momma doing?

She's doing great! She's putting on weight (getting a little chunky actually) and is the the epitome of "lap dog" :cloud9:. She's such a happy girl! After weaning and once she's recovered fully, she'll be going in for her spay and some serious dental work. Her lower canines look much better so I hope they can be spared :fingerscr.

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Love them all...getting so so big. How is Mum doing???? Is she getting more "alone" time now?

I don't notice how fast they're growing until I look at pics from earlier on. Hercules is almost 8x his birth weight :eek:.

Other than going out for potty breaks and a quick run around to see if she can say hi to dh or the boys, she wants to be in the pen with the puppies. There's a divider where she can get away from them when she wants. The only time she's not directly with them now is if I'm in there. Then she just wants to lay next to me or on my lap for some lovings :lovestruck:.

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Here's a collage I put together of pics I took yesterday. You'll notice Cuddles sits up to feed her pups so that they all have room.

Vertically, 1st row: Suziecakes, Lil' Laurie (right before she pounced on Hercules :D), and Hercules.

2nd row: Cuddles nursing, Checkers on Marbles, Checkers.

3rd row: Suziecakes, Wee Murphy, Marbles.

4th row: Checkers peeing :D, and Cuddles being ever so patient nursing until the pups all fall asleep one by one.

Shaykeija
January 3rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
. The only time she's not directly with them now is if I'm in there. Then she just wants to lay next to me or on my lap for some lovings :lovestruck:.

LOL She has bonded with you. You are now her person. You have been officially Tzu'd. LOL You are going to miss them like crazy, take lots of memory pictures.

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Oh, I don't know about that...she's awfully smitten with dh. When she sees him, she turns into a little vibrating wiggle bum :goodvibes:. I'm already interviewing applicants...I want time to slow down a bit :o.

cpietra16
January 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM

...I thought the same thing....what a scare!!!!

But, you are right! you must call the dog whisperer...and get his opinion:rolleyes: there is slobber written all over it....keep away or they will attack you...

never leave yourself unattended...that is an accident waiting to happen!!!!

pattymac
January 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
I didn't watch the video, my so called high speed is too slow! I can just see the headlines "When Shih-Tzus' Attack or Shih-Tzus' Gone Wild!

Chris21711
January 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
You are so friggin' lucky having all of those puppehs to yourself....I need some puppeh breath :yell:

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
...never leave yourself unattended...that is an accident waiting to happen!!!!

Omd, I can't wait to get "attacked" :goodvibes: :laughing:.

I didn't watch the video, my so called high speed is too slow! I can just see the headlines "When Shih-Tzus' Attack or Shih-Tzus' Gone Wild!

It's a video of Hercules and Lil' Laurie jaw-sparring :D.

You are so friggin' lucky having all of those puppehs to yourself....I need some puppeh breath :yell:

Why don't you convince Pepe to take a road trip :) ?

Chris21711
January 3rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Why don't you convince Pepe to take a road trip :) ?

NOW :eek:....Montreal has worse weather than us :yuck:

I'm thinking the summer when I can get to sit on the patios there and do some useful people watching :clown:

cell
January 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
just like lil piranha! Is this the litter with the 11 year old mum I saw on Petfinder? :wall:

Luvmypitgirls
January 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
At first glance I panicked at the title of your thread...then I noticed happy faces in replies AND then I checked the video...lol
Too flippin' cute! My heart goes out to lil mama tho, how sad for her at her age to have to go thru that. The saving grace is she and her gorgeous babies are with you.

breeze
January 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
way to cute :lovestruck::lovestruck: to be a fight!! just a little disagreement :laughing:

Frenchy
January 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Holy crap you scared the heck out of me :frustrated: but then I was thinking .... her dogs were fighting and LP took the time to videotape them .... :rolleyes: ya , right ! :cool:

forget the behaviorist , I'll go myself this week to ... assess them , yes that's it , I'll assess them :D

chico2
January 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Me too,I thought Penny and Lucky were fighting and I did not want to see that video,but,phew,it was the little ones:laughing:

I get a little jealous,I would love to plunk myself down in their enclosure and just get attacked by puppy-breath and mommy-breath too:cloud9:

aslan
January 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Holy crap you scared the heck out of me :frustrated: but then I was thinking .... her dogs were fighting and LP took the time to videotape them .... :rolleyes: ya , right ! :cool:

forget the behaviorist , I'll go myself this week to ... assess them , yes that's it , I'll assess them :D

Lp i had no doubt it wasn't Lucky and Penny or someone would have phoned me..:laughing: As for the french chic assessing them,,check her pockets before she leaves and take a head count.

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Awwww and :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

t.pettet
January 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
If this vicious, frightening behaviour is too much for you to handle call me, will be there in 1 hr. to bring them home.:lovestruck:

luckypenny
January 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
I wish you guys all lived closer, it would be great to come visit and help socialize these little guys. As it is right now, I've got to make some local friends fast :laughing:. T.pettet, if you're only an hour away, you're more than welcome to come over :) but, you leave empty handed :D.

I just finished trimming all the fur over and between their front toes and clipped 120 nails. It only took me 2 hours :rolleyes: . Tomorrow it's butt fur trimming time :D.

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
:flirt: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

SIL
January 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
LP...That video and the one of the puppies playing is AMAZING!!! Thanks for taking care of these little ones and Momma...
All I can say is AAAWWW:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:flirt::flirt::flirt:

luckypenny
January 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
SIL, you'll be happy to know that the change pad you gave me last summer is Cuddles' favorite thing to sleep on when she's not next to the pups. Thank you so much!

I'm going to have to video more play fighting soon...they started growling today :eek:.

It's hilarious :laughing:!

mona_b
January 7th, 2011, 08:06 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::lovestruck::flirt::flirt:

I could just SQUEEZE them.

TeriM
January 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Okay, that was just mean :frustrated:. First you freak me out cause its posted as Fight in the training forum and second .... I don't get to share any of that cuteness :yell:.

Adorable :lovestruck:.

MIA
January 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I think you should send them to me for rehab!!!!!