Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

volunteering

My Dog Brookie
December 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Hey Guys,
Does anyone how old you have to be to volunteer at a local human society?
I would really like to start volunteering but i am not sure if i am old enough.

pbpatti
December 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
My Dog Brookie, go for it!!! Give the Calgary Humane a call. All they can say is no, sorry not old enough but you will never know the answer unless you call.

They are great people there, and the opportunity to work with all kinds of animals would be really good. I have spent some time in the building taking Tellington TTouch classes and there have been employees of the humane society at each class and are wonderful people. Hope to see you there in Feb 2011 when I go back for classes again. patti

cassiek
January 2nd, 2011, 12:53 AM
Hey Guys,
Does anyone how old you have to be to volunteer at a local human society?
I would really like to start volunteering but i am not sure if i am old enough.

MyDogBrookie,

I think it varies from place to place, but it certainly can't hurt to call and ask! At the Lethbridge Humane Society I believe we accept volunteers over the age of 14, but we will allow volunteers under 14 as long as a parent/guardian is with them. :thumbs up

My Dog Brookie, go for it!!! Give the Calgary Humane a call. All they can say is no, sorry not old enough but you will never know the answer unless you call.

They are great people there, and the opportunity to work with all kinds of animals would be really good. I have spent some time in the building taking Tellington TTouch classes and there have been employees of the humane society at each class and are wonderful people. Hope to see you there in Feb 2011 when I go back for classes again. patti

I second this! I really like alot of the work the CHS does!