Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Two Front Teeth

iamhappy
December 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Stan had grown a lot! I remembered my first forum post telling everyone what a chubby angel he was when he first came to us.

Stan Update: 3 months and 2 weeks; 6.7 kilos; Shiny and adorable fur; and NO TWO LOWER CENTER-MOST INCISORS!:eek:

Story is, mom and dad left for work earlier this day, my sister had been uot since yesterday for a Christmas retreat and I had been away to run errands.

Stan was left with Puti, Gmall (yes! Gmall made it! The Plastic Bag Kitty is Alive, (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73843) :thumbs up) and the latest addition to our home/minizoo- Jasmine, a 5 year old Golden retriever.

I swear I had not been away for more than two hours. The department store isn't that far! But I came home to a ransacked workshop (my workshop/ home office,) 2 loosened, wooden mini-cabinet doors and a torn apart cabinet door!

Who could have done it?!:confused: -Adorable, now sitted on the couch Stan!:frustrated:

Dad came home for lunch. He was met by the rascal (you know who.) It had been a habit to meet Dad each time he comes home then. they'd play around in the living room. They are inseparable buddies. Just then, dad noticed something odd on Stan's lower set of teeth.

The blank "spots" now had coagulated blood! :eek: I had to prop his mouth open and touch the blank spot!

It reminded me of the old days in school, exam time- intructions :FILL IN THE BLANKS!

Now my question is, will those two little front teeth grown back? Hadn't heard of such (at least haven't googled anything yet.) Should i take him to the vet, the dog dentist, or should I get alarmed?!

He seems to act normal. You won't know he lost anythng unless you'd prop his mouth open...

Help? Anybody?

luckypenny
December 29th, 2010, 12:29 AM
These were most likely his puppy teeth. Are they completely missing or just broken? Can you see/feel something at the gum line?

iamhappy
December 29th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I checked on his blanks today and i saw the teeth broke off. Maybe they gave up the ghost while Stan chewed on the cabinet door. The wood was quite hard.

Also, they look funny. I think this is the funniest thing that ever happened in the house ever since.:laughing:

Im worried still, will they grow back? Like human baby teeth do? I remembered my cousin who broke his teeth in a fist fight when we were young (don't ask whom his been on a fist fight with:o,) he keeps complaining about a sensation in the broken tooth. I wonder if Stan feels that too.

Thanks luckypenny.