Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Ontario, Canada

friendlygal
December 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
Hello, I am Friendlygal from Ontario! I am the owner of Max, a 13 wk old German Shorthaired Pointer (I just lost my 14 year old German Shepherd :( a month ago...), and I also have 3 cats, Stranger a 3 year old tabby, Chloe, a 4 year old Calico, and Mischief, a 6 year old Tabby. I also have 2 hermit crabs, Shelly, and Krusty. I have always had lots of pets in my home throughout my life. I look forward to meeting lots of other pet lovers on this forum! Cheers!:ca:

BenMax
December 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the board. And...I LOVE the names of your hermit crabs!:thumbs up

Melinda
December 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
welcome Friendly gal, I'm in eastern ontario, enjoy the forum

aws1
December 23rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the board, there are a few of us from Ontario on here love the name of Mischief need I ask how he got the name:laughing:

friendlygal
December 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Thank you for your replies! Looking forward to meeting all of you! Actually, Mischief is the least mischevious of all of my pets, lol....she is a 17lb Tabby, who spends alot of time sleeping...She is extremely affectionate. Stranger, is a tabby whom my husband found at his work the day before a huge snowstorm, extremely emaciated, covered in mites, and bleeding because of the severe frostbite he was covered in. We brought him home, and he is one of the best family pets we have ever had. Chloe is our mischievious little calico whom just loves everyone. Her and Stranger are inseperable. She is my little snuggle bug! And the crabs, well, they are crabs, lol. They are a great learning experience for my kids. Watching them molt, etc has been fascinating! However, you haven't lived until one of them has clamped down onto your finger!! OUCH!!!
We just lost our beloved King, who was our 14 year old German Shepherd a month ago, however, we just opened our home to Max, a 14 wk old German Short haired Pointer, which has made life, how can I say....'interesting', around here, lol! So, I believe our home is full, hahaha
Anyhow, this site looks amazing! Can't wait to have a better look around! Merry Christmas and all the best in 2011!!! :thumbs up

pbpatti
December 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome freindlygal to pets, I never knew that you could have hermit crabs for pets until a month or so ago when I saw them for sale in a mall here, they look like they might be a fun pet to have. Wishing you and your skin/fur family a good Christmas....can we have some pictures....please! patti

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome, friendlygal! And yes, we need some pics, please! :D