Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our chico needs our prayers

14+kitties
December 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
Her youngest son was taken to the hospital on Sunday with more heart issues. Could I request as many prayers as everyone can spare for him and his wonderful mother and father. They could use all they can get.
:pray: We love you chico. Remember that and know there are many prayers going out for your son. :pray: :grouphug:
(I hope you don't mind me posting this chico. I figure the more prayers the better.)

Love4himies
December 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
OH NO, this is just too much :cry:. Chico is such a gentle loving soul, she certainly does not deserve this at all.

Sending lots and lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: your way, chico.

rainbow
December 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Oh NO :( .....I hope he will be okay. :fingerscr

Is this the son that lives in AB? If so, was he back home for xmas?

Sending lots of :pray: :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr your way, Chico. :grouphug:

14+kitties
December 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Is this the son that lives in AB? If so, was he back home for xmas?

No, this is the youngest one who lives in TO.

BenMax
December 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.:grouphug:

Dog Dancer
December 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
Chico, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong knowing so many are pulling for your son.

aslan
December 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Chico i hope your son is feeling better and makes a speedy recovery as always you know we're here if you need us.:grouphug:

Melinda
December 21st, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'll have a candle lit at brother andre's shrine for him and your family chico. god bless.

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers, chico! :grouphug: Speedy recovery for your son!!! :goodvibes:

the gang
December 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM
am thinking of you and sending postive thoughts :fingerscr , brenda and the pins

Winston
December 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM
Chico mf I am thinking of you and your family. You will be in my prayers...please know you are one special lady and there are many many folks sending those prayers up as well...:thumbs up

diandpat
December 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Many many prayers and good thoughts from our home to yours Chico. Hopefully they will get this situation under control and your son will have a speedy recovery :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

chico2
December 21st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Thank's everyone:grouphug:now you got me crying again,I've been doing so good,but I am ok,tears clears the sinuses.
He was just moved at 4:30 today from Credit Valley Hosp,to Toronto General Hosp.where his cardiologist is.
He had what is called a VTach attack Sunday,he's already had 2 valve-replacements,one at 4yrs old and one at 14yrs,so we knew this was going to happen sooner or later.
The doctor does not really know yet what they'll be able to do for him,he'll have to have tests and things before we know.
We have postponed Christmas probably at least until the New Year,we don't want to have Christmas without him..

14+,no of course I don't mind,he needs all the help he can get:grouphug:

doggy lover
December 21st, 2010, 04:48 PM
:pray:my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, :fingerscrfor a speedy recovery for your son:pray:

cpietra16
December 21st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Chico, my prayers and thoughts and good healthy vibes are all coming your way MF....:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Chris21711
December 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
I'm sending good vibes also Chico...my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hang tight sweet lady :grouphug:

Goldfields
December 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Chico, wishing your son all the luck in the world. If you don't mind me asking, how old is he now? My brother died twice at 49 due to heart attacks, revived both times by my niece, who he was putting through Medicine at Uni' at the time(money repaid in full I'd say), and I think they tried stents with him, but what has saved him ultimately was a defibrillator. That showed his heart had stopped 60 times in whatever time they test it over :eek:, before it kick started it again, so what a wonderful device. The cardiologists are brilliant, I'm sure they'll take excellent care of your boy. :pray: for him down under, and cyber hugs for you and the rest of the family.

t.pettet
December 21st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Wishing you and your son a positive outcome.

rainbow
December 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Sending more prayers your way, Chico. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

sugarcatmom
December 21st, 2010, 07:16 PM
Add my prayers to the pile! This must be so scary for you and your family. You're such a strong lady though, and I'm sure your son is in good hands.

luckypenny
December 21st, 2010, 08:15 PM
Thinking of, and praying for you all, Chico :grouphug:.

free
December 21st, 2010, 08:38 PM
thinking of you and your son

Tundra_Queen
December 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM
chico...sending up prayers for your son and you and hoping the doctors can fix him up soon. :grouphug:

clm
December 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your son Chico2.

clm

Magicwildwolf69
December 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Aw Chico i'm so sorry to read this :cry:. Sending hugs for you and many :goodvibes: for him. i don't know what to say other then i hope all the well soon and keep your chin up.

14+kitties
December 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM
With all of these prayers and good vibes being sent C can't help but feel better. I hope he is keeping his spirits up. :fingerscr :pray:
Huge hugs to you mf. :grouphug::grouphug:

krdahmer
December 21st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Oh Chico....you've got all our :pray: here too for your son! :grouphug:

jassy3399
December 22nd, 2010, 02:33 AM
adding my prayers to all the rest. I know I'm new here and I don't know anyone very well, but Chico has been wonderfully warm and supportive in giving advice to the new kitty mom. my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family:pray:

Jim Hall
December 22nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
all my best prayers and wished too you and your son

SIL
December 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Chico...adding my :pray: for you, your family and your son. :grouphug::grouphug:

Marty11
December 22nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
My thoughts and prayers :pray::pray::pray: are with your son and family. So sorry you have to go through this.

ScottieDog
December 22nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Prayers for your son and strength for you and your family. :pray: :grouphug:

chico2
December 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
OMG,I just told him he has a lot of support from my friends at Pets,he says thank you to all..and so do I:grouphug:

shirley1011
December 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Chico...prayers and good thoughts for your son and your family.
I can't imagine how difficult this is.

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
OMG,I just told him he has a lot of support from my friends at Pets,he says thank you to all..and so do I:grouphug:

Of course he has tons of support here. We love you. He is a part of you so therefore it rubs off. :grouphug: If prayers will do the job he can't help but feel better and very much loved. You tell him for me we all want him home for Christmas and doing better. :grouphug: Hopefully now he's at this point they will finally do something for him. :fingerscr:pray:
And please give hubby a hug from us too. It has got to be hard for him as well. :grouphug:

rg_girlca
December 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Big time Prayers and posititve thoughts going out to your son, you and your family.

I also Pray that after all the tests that have to be done, the doctors will know what to do in order for your son to live a long healthy live.

Keep the Faith Chico.

Luvmypitgirls
December 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
chico, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I will be praying extra hard for you and your son.
Sorry I haven't been on much and when I logged in and seen this I had to let you know that our family is praying for yours.

chico2
December 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Well,as far as he knows,he will have another valve-replacement surgery,it's very risky,he's already had 2,his chances are 50%.
The problem is,it's holidays and the hospital is down to minimum staff.
But he's feeling not too bad,got mad because he only got a 10 inch TV and the food stinks..LOL
I'll go and see him Christmas Day,he does not want me to come before,I'll be bringing him some goodies.
He's not even allowed to go to the bathroom on his own and it frustrates him.
So,we'll see what happens:cat:

Dee-O-Gee
December 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Chico. :pray:

Sending all my good :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: your way.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
December 22nd, 2010, 11:56 PM
chico, U tell him that his Mom and Dad need him so he has to follow the instructions no matter how much he thinks he should be allowed to go to the bathroom on his own so he can get better sooner. :grouphug:

TeriM
December 23rd, 2010, 02:24 AM
Chico, I am thinking of you and your family. I have every faith that a christmas miracle is on its way to your son :grouphug:.

chico2
December 23rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Well,things have changed again it's really frustrating...one doctor says one thing another something else:frustrated:but no risky surgery for now.
As of yesterday,a Defibrillator will be implanted in his chest in the coming week,hopefully they won't change their mind again:fingerscr
I am ok I've learned over the years to accept things as they are and make the best of it.
Thank's again everyone,it's so nice to have your support,whether it was about Rockys death,my broken arm and now my son...:grouphug:

14+kitties
December 23rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well mf, that's one step closer to what he was before. I know how frustrating it's been for you and him the past years with the doctors not doing anything to help him. We deal so much with our pets and their illnesses we sometimes forget the human side. It's been very forcedly brought to the forefront this week with the loss of Helen :candle: and then your son being taken to the hospital.

C, and you, are still in my thoughts and prayers daily. :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
December 23rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Chico what a terrible situation. The holidays should not involve stuff like this for any family. I continue to pray for your family and your son. I'm sure he's not happy with being in the hospital with a crappy 10" TV. I know what my hubby would say about that! :laughing: I hope they are able to do whatever surgeries they need to in order to put your son back on his feet for the New Year. Hugs to you all, stay the course, you'll all get there.:grouphug:

Goldfields
December 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Chico, my brother's had a good healthy 10 years thanks to his defibrillator and is still going strong, so wishing your son the same success. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
A defibrillator would be good! :thumbs up At least compared to a valve replacement! I hope the surgery goes without a hitch and he can be home soon to start the new year off right!! :goodvibes:

Melinda
December 24th, 2010, 06:02 AM
special prayers tonight and every night for your son Chico!

Magicwildwolf69
December 24th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Still praying for a good outcome for you chico and more hugs to you and your family :grouphug::grouphug:

chico2
December 24th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Thank's again everyone:grouphug:
My son is not 100% sure and neither was the nurse,but she told him ,no drinks or food last night,just in case the procedure can be done today:pray:

He will be on a waiting list for a third valve-replacement in the future.

Goldfields,my sons heart-problem is probably different from your brothers,but thank you very much for your encouragement,I will tell him:cat:

So my house is decorated,very Christmassy,but we'll hopefully all be able to celebrate at New Years,with turkey and all the goodies:fingerscr and our son here..

It was our 45th wedding anniversary yesterday,we celebrated BIG,went to Wendi's and got disgustingly good burgers,FF(not fancy feast) and chilli,something we normally never do,oh well,it was good..

Chris21711
December 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM
It was our 45th wedding anniversary yesterday,we celebrated BIG,went to Wendi's and got disgustingly good burgers,FF(not fancy feast) and chilli,something we normally never do,oh well,it was good..

Congrats on tolerating DH for 45 years Chico :evil:....A little bit of soul food never hurt anyone :D

rainbow
December 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Happy 45th Anniversary Chico & Hubby !!! :goodvibes:

And, sending lots of :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for your son's surgery. :grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
December 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
chico, happy anniversary to you and your hubby. 45 years is a miracle in itself these days!
Still praying for you and your son.:pray:

Tundra_Queen
December 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
chico,,, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!! :grouphug:

I'm still saying prayers for your son and u and hubs too. HUGS

Love4himies
December 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Doesn't matter what the food, just that you enjoy it :lovestruck:.

Hoping all will go well with your son :pray::goodvibes:.

chico2
December 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
OMG you girls,thank you:grouphug:
I was just talking to my son,he's very frustrated and scared.
The procedure was cancelled,more tests needed,apparently there is more valve-problems ,not with the one that was replaced:(
We are driving to Toronto tomorrow,at least we can bring him some goodies and some company...it's Christmas Day after all.
I would be there every day if I could,but Toronto is hellish for parking.
When he was little and had his surgery I was at Sick Kids ever day,now as a grown up,he does not want to see me every day:frustrated:

Tundra_Queen
December 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
chico, I'm so sorry to hear about the other value. :grouphug:

About the parking,,,could u not take the go train into Toronto? Would that be less expensive? Or maybe the go train doesn't go to Oakville.

take care of yourself and know lots of prayers are being said for your son and you and hubs. HUGS

dbg10
December 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Congratulations on your 45th anniversary! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son, hoping the surgery goes ahead quickly and he is back home to celebrate a late Christmas :grouphug::grouphug:

chico2
December 26th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Things are starting to look up,he had his defibrillator put in yesterday,finally...
We went in to see him,it was great driving in to Toronto X-Mas day,NO traffic.
Now we can just hope it will do the trick,if he's ok,he'll come here for a few days until he feels well enough to go to his house.

We're celebrating Christmas New Years Day,or I should say,we're celebrating the end of a miserable 2010:cat:
Thank you everyone for your concern and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas:grouphug:

Love4himies
December 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I am glad things are looking up for your son, chico :grouphug:. And yes, this has been a horrible year :(.

hazelrunpack
December 26th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm glad they were able to put in the defibrillator, chico, though I'm sure it's not how you all wanted to spend Christmas! :grouphug: I hope you get your Christmas/New Years celebration soon! :goodvibes:

And happy 45th anniversary!!!!

Goldfields
December 26th, 2010, 09:08 AM
That's great news about the defibrillator, Chico. Hope your son feels better soon.

Congrat's on your 45th anniversary. Our next one will be our 37th so our 45th seems an eternity away still. b:)

luckypenny
December 26th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Happy belated anniversary, Chico :2huggers:.

Great news that your son will be released from the hospital soon and your family can get on with celebrating the holidays :grouphug:.

cpietra16
December 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Happy Anniversary Chico...and I hope all goes well with the defibrillator.:pray:

14+kitties
December 26th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Very happy belated anniversary chico and hubby! :grouphug: Gourmet cooking at its' ummm finest? :grouphug::grouphug:
I am so glad C got his operation. Hopefully it will help a bit until they decide what they can do with the other faulty valves.:fingerscr He continues to be in my prayers. As do you.
It has been a bad year for a lot of people. I don't think most of us will feel bad saying goodbye to it.
Big huge hugs and continued prayers and crossed fingers for you all!

NoahGrey
December 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Chico...i just heard the news. (haven't been on here in a bit) sorry to hear the news. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

rainbow
December 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Glad to hear your son got his defibrillator put in and I hope he is feeling well soon. :fingerscr :grouphug: I'm sure he will appreciate that you postponed xmas for him and hope you all have a good time celebrating together. :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
December 27th, 2010, 04:19 AM
chico, I'm glad your son had his surgery and he will soon be out of the hospital!! :grouphug:

chico2
December 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
We picked him up yesterday,other than changing the dressing and checking his heart-rate and hoping there is no infection,he is not doing too bad.:pray:
He is eager to go back home,so we'll take him today..
I checked his papers and when he had his attack,his heart was beating at 238/min....he is not out of the woods yet,but ok for now.
Thank you all for your support and prayers:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yay! Glad he's out of the hospital at any rate!! :grouphug: 238 :eek: That's pretty scary!

Sending more :goodvibes: for his continued improvement!!!

rainbow
December 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Glad to hear he is doing okay. :thumbs up I can understand him wanting to go to his own place but hope he is well enough to be by himself. :fingerscr

Do you live very far from him, Chico?

Sending more :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: your way. :grouphug:

chico2
December 28th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Rainbow,no he's not alone,I would not let him go home if he was alone..his landlord/friend will change his dressings once a day.
His 15yr old Pacemaker was removed too,so he has 2 incisions.

Love4himies
December 28th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Wow, 238 that is high. DH had a heart virus that caused that to happen to him, very, very scary.:grouphug:

Home is aways where I want to be when I am not up to par, I think you can heal better as long as there is somebody there just in case you need something.

Is he very far from you? Will you be able to check on him daily?

14+kitties
December 28th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Isn't our health care system wonderful? One day after major surgery the patient gets sent home. :rolleyes:
I would imagine C would feel better at home with his friend's kitty there to greet him. I hope he takes it easy till they make some decisions about the valves. I am just happy he has made it past this hurdle mf. I can't imagine going through that. :grouphug: And send a hug to him too please.
More :pray::fingerscr :goodvibes: being sent his way.

Koteburo
December 28th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Chico! Good to hear he's doing a bit better now.
Haven't been able to be on much.
Best wishes, best luck, best health for you and your son and your family .
Good vibes and be safe :goodvibes::goodvibes: :goodvibes:

chico2
December 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Thank's 14+ and Koteburo:grouphug:

14+ between my 2 guys,heartsurgeries,brainsurgery etc...I could tell you some horror-stories,but I have to say one thing,the nurses and most doctors have been great,doing their best,it's our government that stinks.

However the differences with todays treatment and the treatments years ago is humungus,now it's all about saving money.:frustrated:

Frenchy
December 28th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I've been following this thread Chico2 :grouphug: and I'm so sorry :( not only for this to happen but during the holidays none the less :(

I'm so glad he's doing better now ! Let's hope he only gets better , and I agree about our health system , it sucks big time :(

joeysmama
January 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM
I've been MIA for a while so I'm just seeing this now. I'm glad he is doing better and headed home. I'll continue to pray for continued improvement and good health in the New Year !!:pray:

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
How is your son doing, chico? :goodvibes:

chico2
January 4th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thank's for asking:grouphug:
he is doing better,
his heart can not really ever be fixed,but for now he's ok.:fingerscr

14+kitties
January 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
That is the best news we can get for now. Hopefully the doctors will keep trying to find a way to replace that other faulty valve. Is the one you thought was causing him the trouble still doing ok? :fingerscr
You are a strong lady mf. :grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear he's holding his own, chico! :goodvibes:

Rgeurts
January 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Chico... you, your son and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are a very strong lady :grouphug:

Congrats to you and DH on the 45th!!

chico2
January 7th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Thank's:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I've been thinking about your son, chico. How is his recovery coming along? :goodvibes:

Rgeurts
January 10th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Yes, same here. I was wondering how he's doing... and how you and hubby are holding up. Thanks Hazel for the gentle reminder!

chico2
January 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Thank you both for asking:grouphug:
He is not doing too badly,but he really has not felt any improvement,it's a one day at a time situation.
Sooner or later he'll have to have a third valve-replacement,he gets depressed,not being able to do a lot of things..but mom and dad help:cat:

marko
January 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
putting out good vibes for your whole family chico2 :goodvibes:

Rgeurts
January 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Aww... big :grouphug: to you, hubby and son, chico. I hope he starts to see some improvement soon, both mentally and physically. It's so tough when you wanna do things and the body just won't cooperate. Thankfully, he has kind and loving parents :)

dbg10
January 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
sending your hubby, you and your son prayers and good vibes for a rapid emotional and physical recovery. :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :)

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
More :goodvibes: and :fingerscrs from here, too, chico! He's lucky to have you and your hubby for support! :grouphug:

rainbow
January 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Lots of :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: coming from me as well, Chico. :grouphug:

chico2
January 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You girls are just so nice,I told him,he has a big support-group:grouphug:

Love4himies
January 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
He is so lucky to have a mom like you, chico :grouphug:. Sending lots and lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: for him. :grouphug: