Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

very sad news!!!!

the gang
December 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
helen barrowcliffe, basset hound rescue, passed away this am from a massive heart attack, rip helen you truley will be missed in the rescue business, god speed :candle: brenda and the pins:rip:

Winston
December 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Brenda is that the same Nelennutmeg that is a member here?

the gang
December 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM
yes it is :cry:

Love4himies
December 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
:eek: OMG that is horrible :cry::cry::cry:

cpietra16
December 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
oh no..I am so sorry to hear this...RIP Helen:(

erykah1310
December 18th, 2010, 03:27 PM
This is terrible news.
RIP Helen. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and all those who were close to her.

diandpat
December 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
OMG that IS sad news :cry: She devoted so much of her life to those sweet pooches.

She will be missed by her family and the rescue world.

RIP dear Helen :cry:

cpietra16
December 18th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I just had a vision of Helen getting to the end of the bridge and being met by all her furbabies that have gone before her...the fortunate and unfortunate ones who were impossible to safe...Bless you Helen.

chico2
December 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Oh no,not our Helen,our generous,wonderful rescuer,that is just too tragic,she will be sorely missed,by us,her family and all the dogs she cared so much about.
2010 has truly been a very sad year:cry:

14+kitties
December 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
:candle::rip: Helen :candle:
The animals have truly lost a wonderful ambassador. One who worked tirelessly to save many. :cry: I too can see her at the bridge surrounded by so many wagging tails. :cloud9:

I Have Done Something

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society.

I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry.

"God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"

God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something," he replied. "I created you."

-- Author Unknown

Loki Love
December 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I didn't know Helen.. but I did know about the rescue. Very sad news and a big loss to the rescue community.

clm
December 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM
How devestating for her family and for the rescue community and how sad for this time of year especially.

clm

Chris21711
December 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Very sad news :(

:candle: Helen, join your sweet Percy :candle:

The rescue is now permanently closed....there are 4 Bassets' that are looking for homes

erykah1310
December 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know how we can contact someone who is now in charge of these 4 Bassets? I want to make a donation to the rescue Helen had put so much of her heart into in her memory, to help them with the last 4, even if just to buy them some food.

Sylvie
December 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Very sad news

:rip: Helen :candle:

Chris21711
December 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Here is their website Erykah.....

http://www.bassethoundrescuequebec.com/

Rottielover
December 18th, 2010, 06:36 PM
My condolences to her whole family and friends. May you find peace with all the furry ones up above..

mastifflover
December 18th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Very sad news may she RIP my deepest condolences to her family. She truly made a difference to the rescue community and to the animals she saved.

Winston
December 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
May you rest in peace....:candle:

A RESCUER’S CREED

[Susan M. Pearson]

I shall be a believer of all that is good in man and of all that is deserving in animals. I shall plead for their lives, campaign for their safety and uphold their right to a natural death. I shall seek out the injured and the maimed, the unloved, and the abandoned and tend to them in their last days. I shall not forget their place in the hierarchy of life, nor that we walk in each other's paths. I shall bear witness to the wonder they bring into our lives and to the beauty they bestow upon our souls. I shall renew their spirits when they are waning, bind their wounds when they bleed, cradle them when they whimper, and comfort them when they mourn. I shall be near them in their hour of greatest need - a companion and friend when the time has come. I shall watch over them and console them and ask that the angels gather them in their arms. From the creatures of the earth I shall learn the fruits of compassion and undying love, and I shall be called the beloved of God. In their company I shall indeed be blessed. ~

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Oh, no, not Helen :cry:

She was met with many joyful tails at the Bridge! But we'll miss her here.

:candle: Helen

Shaykeija
December 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Rest in Peace Helen..you are now an angel at the bridge. Here on earth, sounds of grief for an angel departed soar to the heavens, but at the base of the bridge, the sounds of grief change to a joyful chorus of welcome. A rescue Angel has come home....Fly with the Angels Helen, you will be missed.

TeriM
December 18th, 2010, 09:55 PM
That is horrible news :cry:. Helen did a lot of good and she will be greatly missed :angel:.

JennieV
December 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Wow... what sad news.. RIP Helen, you will be sorely missed.
:candle: :(

Dog Dancer
December 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Oh, I'm devastated by this news. She had a heart of gold and yes she is with all her beloved rescues now that she was unable to save. The world has lost an Earth Angel but gained the real thing. Rest In Peace dear Helen, you were a true inspiration and saviour.

Tundra_Queen
December 19th, 2010, 03:29 AM
This is such sad news. Helen was such a wonderful caring person and worked so hard to find homes for all the dogs. She is going to be greatly missed. :(

My condolences to her family. :(

Dee-O-Gee
December 19th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Very sad to hear of this. :( My thoughts and prayers go to Helen's family.

:candle:

rainbow
December 19th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of Helen's passing. :( She will be dearly missed. :candle:

Please pass on my sincere condolences to her family and many friends. :grouphug: :candle:

luckypenny
December 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
On her website, Helen wrote, "I have taken heart in knowing/hoping that there is a place called " Rainbow Bridge... " "

I imagine a chorus of Bassets baying and a wonderful breeze from all those wagging tails who are greeting her at the bridge.

Dearest Helen :candle:

Longblades
December 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Oh I'm so sorry. I only know of Helen from here but her posts certainly provided insight and valuable experience for much more than just Bassets or rescues. I always meant to ask my neighbour where she got her rescue Basset from, wondering if it was Helen. Whether it was Helen or not, next time I see Sadie I'll be thinking anew of Helen.

Melinda
December 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
oh no, such sad news, rest in peace Helen, you will be surrounded by all your doggies who went before you. I am so sorry for the family.

t.pettet
December 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Goodbye dear Basset Lady, RIP.

BenMax
December 20th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Helene you will be missed in the rescue community. This is a very very sad day.
RIP Helene.:rip:

alfieepstein
December 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Oh I'm so sorry. I only know of Helen from here but her posts certainly provided insight and valuable experience for much more than just Bassets or rescues. I always meant to ask my neighbour where she got her rescue Basset from, wondering if it was Helen. Whether it was Helen or not, next time I see Sadie I'll be thinking anew of Helen.

I think we will all be thinking of dear Helen with every basset hound we see.

Winston
December 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM
That is so true about the bassets but she honetly must have had all the breeds in her heart because she posted countless other breeds in every effort of saving their life!

I cant just imagine her surrounded with all of the ones she saved. :candle:

alfieepstein
December 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
The viewing will be Wednesday Dec. 22nd at Alfred Dallaire Funeral Home, on Pierrefonds Blvd. corner of Saint-Jean blvd. from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Service will be at Alfred Dallaire Thursday from 9:00AM to 9:30 followed by refreshments until 11:30