Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Dog's voice changed over night

Lainet
December 18th, 2010, 04:19 AM
My dog was observed to have a change of voice when we came back last night- it has become high pitched and slightly raspy. 2 days ago he was given Oradental Collagen Strips to chew on. His appetite is as good as before. He still barks at neighbors and the house cat.

Note: My mum (main food giver) and I were away for 1 week. He was left with dad but appetite was as good as before.

What could be the cause of the voice change?

Dog Dancer
December 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Lainet, welcome to the board. My senior dogs voice changed in her old age. I'm sure it was somewhat gradual, but can't say for sure. I can't offer any suggestions for you as to why your dogs voice changed, but would suggest a vet visit if it is of concern to you. Good luck.

rainbow
December 19th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Lainet. :thumbs up

It is possible that your dog could have a piece of the dental chew stuck in his throat. Is he coughing at all? If this continues I would get him checked out by your vet. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Lainet
January 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Thank God his old voice came back a few days later. Could he just have suffered from a sore throat?

Anyway it's all good. :)

pbpatti
January 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Thank you for coming back and letting us know how your dog is. It could have had a piece stuck in his throat. patti

rainbow
January 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM
If he did a lot of barking he could have made his throat sore causing laryngitis. He also could have had a piece of the dental chew stuck and managed to cough it out on his own.

Glad to hear that he is okay now. :thumbs up