Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ever hear of Wentz Canine?

Sneaky2006
September 16th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I'd like to ask your opinion about a place called Wentz Canine (I'm pretty sure what it's gonna be)... it is not considered a breeder, because no dogs are actually bred there. They have multiple breeders (from local to all over the country) that provide them with dogs. I cannot believe they have so many dogs there, and if you don't see what you like they said they can get it!
This is copied from their website:
BREEDS OF PUPPIES REGULARLY AVAILABLE IN STORE....
Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Cocker Spaniel, American Eskimo, Basset Hound, Beagle, Bichon Frise, Bloodhound, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brittany Spaniel, Cairn Terrier, Chihuahua, Cocker Spaniel, Collie, Dachshund (mini& standard), Dalmatian, English Bulldog, English Mastiff, English Springer Spaniel, German Shepherd, German Shorthaired Pointer, Golden Retriever, Jack Russel Terrier, Labrador Retriever, Lhasa Apso, Maltese, Miniature Pinscher, Mixed Breeds, Norwegian Elkhound, Old English Sheepdog, Pekingese, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Pomeranian, Poodle (toy & mini), Pug, Rat Terrier, Rottweiler, Scottish Terrier, Shetland Sheepdog, Shih Tzu, Siberian Husky, Silky Terrier, Toy Fox Terrier, Weimaraner, West Highland White Terrier, Wire Fox Terrier, Yorkshire Terrier

SPECIAL ORDER BREEDS AVAILABLE.....
Australian Cattle Dog, Australian Shepherd, Basenji, Bearded Collie, Border Collie, Brussels Griffon, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Chinese Crested, Chinese Shar-Pei, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff), Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Great Pyrenees, Irish Setter, Italian Greyhound, Japanese Chin, Manchester Terrier, Newfoundland, Ori-Pei, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saint Bernard, Samoyed, Schipperke, Shiba Inu, Skye Terrier, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Standard Poodle, Standard Schnauzer, Whippet

I haven't been there so I don't know of the conditions or anything, but I didn't see anything on their website that says where exactly they come from.
I keep seeing posts on here about bybs and puppy mills... if a breeder sells to a store like this one it is considered more or less a puppy mill, right? So every place this guy gets the pups from is bad I'd assume? I can't even imagine how many places there are in this circle alone...

LavenderRott
September 16th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Puppies are sold to brokers and brokers ship to pet stores. Yes, brokers have lists of dog breeds available and pet stores can pick and chose what breed they want and what sex.

Luba
September 16th, 2004, 10:01 PM
BYB's and mills and brokers and pet stores never say where they come from.