Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vote No! - Michael Vick getting a dog

TeriM
December 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Michael Vick has said that he wants to own a dog again someday :eek:.

Fox Sports has this poll.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Mike-Vick-dog-interview-Philadelphia-Eagles-121510?gt1=39002

Please vote no!

PS - The courts that sentenced him did ban him from ever owning another dog. Hopefully there is no loophole and someone else in his home can't own the dog :fingerscr.

14+kitties
December 16th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Doesn't banned for life mean anything any more? :wall::wall: Oh his poor daughters. Having to "suffer" because their daddy is a killer. Tough bananas. He can buy them a toy one. :wall:
Voted!

Love4himies
December 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM
There was so much bull$hit coming out of his mouth I could smell the stink coming through my computer screen :evil::mad::mad:.

No jail time changes somebody to an empathetic, loving person :frustrated: and only the naive would believe so :frustrated:.

Hopefully the world does not forget what he has done to these dogs and his daughters will grow up to understand what an evil jacka$$ their father is. Hopefully that will be the karma that will come back to bite him in the a$$ and make him suffer for the rest of his life.

I can't even stand to hear his name :mad:

ownedbycats
December 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Wow.
http://humanewatch.org/index.php/site/post/round_the_bend/

Love4himies
December 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for posting that link, ownedbycats. Geesh, I can't stand that Vick :yuck: and that Pacelle should be fired :frustrated:, but I guess it is all about the money, not the animals.

chico2
December 17th, 2010, 10:48 AM
You know,I am not really a sportsection reader,but I always read about Vick,the"Star"of the Eagles:evil:
Makes me sick,I suppose being a foot-ball star,you can get away with murder and torture,in this case dogs,but no less murder..IMO
He is and always will be an evil man to me..

BenMax
December 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
This whole thing is absolutely sickening. He should be strung up by his balls!

NoahGrey
December 17th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I second that Benmax and long time no talk lol

Dog Dancer
December 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I read this and it made me ill. I voted. There's a reason pedophiles can't adopt children too! :yuck::yuck: This guy makes me want to upchuck.

chico2
December 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Some of his dogs are still at the"Best Friends"sanctuary in Utah and will probably stay there forever,but at least they have a good life,free from the likes of Vick.

I read somewhere that he has very tight restrictions on how he can spend his money,he still is paying back millions and will for another few years.

I find it strange about football and some other ballgames,but mostly football,morals and bad behaviors does not seem to matter,as long as you are a "star"..

mastifflover
December 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Some of his dogs are still at the"Best Friends"sanctuary in Utah and will probably stay there forever,but at least they have a good life,free from the likes of Vick.

I read somewhere that he has very tight restrictions on how he can spend his money,he still is paying back millions and will for another few years.

I find it strange about football and some other ballgames,but mostly football,morals and bad behaviors does not seem to matter,as long as you are a "star"..

Funny how athletes are treated like some kind of Gods and untouchable.
I think he should have a portion of his over inflated salary donated to an animal rescue fund every year for the rest of his miserable life.

luckypenny
December 17th, 2010, 08:28 PM
There's a reason pedophiles can't adopt children too!

That was my first thought when reading the article.

I think he should have a portion of his over inflated salary donated to an animal rescue fund every year for the rest of his miserable life.

Maybe the $ from the Eagles is the reasoning behind Pacelle's half-witted statements.

Luvmypitgirls
December 22nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Every time I've tried to respond to this thread I end upgoing off and it becomes something I can't post....
So after many drafts, all I'm gonna say is this.....
Mike Vick, you douchebag, you don't deserve to be a guardian of a dog let alone children. May Karma bite you in the a$$ big time!

chico2
December 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM
LMPG,I read in the paper,the dog-killer might be up for best player award,it just makes me sick....it does not matter what he's done,he is a FOOT-Ball star:evil:

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Every time I've tried to respond to this thread I end upgoing off and it becomes something I can't post....
So after many drafts, all I'm gonna say is this.....
Mike Vick, you douchebag, you don't deserve to be a guardian of a dog let alone children. May Karma bite you in the a$$ big time!
I agree because I will not say what I really think of him and the people considering letting him have a dog. I guess when you are a jock you are above the law

jassy3399
December 23rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Oh, this makes me sick. I'm used to sports 'stars' as well as hollywood 'stars' being treated more leniently by the courts because of their fame and popularity, but the Vick trial, for all that it got huge coverage, made me want to scream. Football (for any non-Americans out there) is treated very much like a religion here in the states. A less popular player would have gotten a harsher sentence, and the comments that he made about his short time in jail making him a better person are nothing but PR bull$hit designed to regain his marketability to the public. He isn't truly remorseful, and I don't believe he ever will be. If he were capable of the caring and empathy to understand that what he did was cruel, was EVIL, then he wouldn't have done it to begin with. Unfortunately, it is possible to have the lifetime ban lifted by an appeals court. I just hope that enough people protest loudly enough, if he should ever press the issue, that the courts listen and deny him the privilege.