Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found cat in Pointe-Claire

Chantal Brunet
September 16th, 2004, 07:18 PM
My family has found a non-neutered male cat in Pointe-Claire. He is young (I can't really tell the age). He is charcoal/grey (solid color, no stripes), short hair. Very friendly. Please contact my mother at: 514-695-7034 if you are the owner. He is currently living outside and my mother is feeding him.

Lucky Rescue
September 18th, 2004, 11:53 AM
If you or your mother want to take this cat in, neuter and foster him, send me his picture. I can put him on my site and either hope his owner will see it, or that we can get him a new home!

Chantal Brunet
September 20th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Thank you for your help. I have posted several Found notices (i.e.: News and Chronicle, local vets, SPCA, this website and others as well). We also put a colar on him with my mother's phone number in case he did belong to someone and the cat decided that he preferred to stay at my moms. So far nothing. My mother considered bringing him in, however, my mother currently has two cats and one dog. One of the cat is not very happy about the situation and started spraying inside the house to mark its territory. My mother went throught this with this cat when she got her dog. She's very reluctant to go throught this again now that she (the cat) has started doing it again slowly. Myself, my husband is allergic to cats, so that won't work. I guess you can say that we are a little desperate to find him a home soon. I have contacted the following organisation: Animatch and Animal Rescue Network of which both will not take him in because they are swamped with cats. Do you know of any other organisation besides the SPCA? You mention posting a notice for adoption, how successful has this been? Let me know, I will go over tonight to take a picture of him. With the cold nights, this will become more difficult for the cat. Thank you again,

p.s.: The cat is not neutered and we believe that the cat belonged to someone and they probably moved and decided to leave the cat behind. Most people who care about their animal would spend the money to get them neutered.

Chantal

Lucky Rescue
September 20th, 2004, 11:40 AM
There are a few cat rescue places, but most of them are swamped. Go to www.petfinder.org and at the top of the page, click "Shelters and Rescues" then put Quebec in the box. You can try them all.

He will probably get a home if I list him on my site. BUT I cannot list a cat who is outside, because if someone wants to see him, he must be there.

I am sending you a private message.

Chantal Brunet
September 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
I have attached a picture of the cat. Note that we added the collar on him.

badger
September 21st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Chantal, I know what you are going through, this is so familiar. You must be absolutely shameless, call your friends, your neighbours, your mother's neighbours, offer to pay to have him neutered (through the Bond Foundation, you can get vaccines and sterilisation for 75$). You have a bit of time, it isn't that cold yet. Maybe you could ask someone you know to foster him until he is fixed and can be listed with Lucky Rescue. Sometimes these things take time - don't give up.

If worst comes to worst, here is a link for helping the cat to live outside through the winter. I hope you won't need it!

http://www.castawaycritters.org/foodshelter.html

a_gudz
November 14th, 2004, 09:53 PM
I know you are reluctant to bring the cat to the SPCA, however I understand the Monteregie SPCA is a no kill shelter which may be an option you might consider. Good Luck!!!

chico2
November 30th, 2004, 05:33 PM
He's so pretty,I hope he'll be ok... :sad:

a_gudz
December 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
you can call sos miow at 514-453-7110.