Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best X-Mas Gift EVER

BenMax
December 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Such a buzz around what to get whom, how much, how little, what size, what color..will he/she like it, will it be returned. Do I put the gift receipt in the box, or don't I. What color wrapping paper and should it be the same color as the tree ornament theme this year?

All this running through my mind...dashing through not only the snow but the stores...and then it hit me and I drove back home knowing exactly what to do for the PERFECT gift...and yes cutting back on someone else's or by giving it directly as a gift.

I knew of a dog and a rescue that desperately need help with funding. This dog requires life saving surgery and of course the rescue needs help with the financial side of this. I decided that the Gift of Life is so much grander than any gift to be given, or received. I made a donation and it will be given to someone for X-Mas.

If you are stuck for a gift idea, this is a wonderful solution for those of like minds who would appreciate this offering.

The shelters, pounds and rescues are full of unwanted, homeless dogs and cats and other little living beings. Their lives are just as important as any, and though they may spend X-mas homeless, at the very least they will be honored through our thoughts and gestures of donations.

I have to tell you, I have never felt better than now knowing that my gift will help not only the humans behind this rescue, but the dog in question.

Finally I now know what I really NEED for X-mas....

Dog Dancer
December 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
BM you are such a kind and caring soul. I really do believe that in giving to others at this time of year we really can do more good. Truly, what do most of us really, really need. I know there are a lot of younger folks on the board than us who probably still need things, but for people like you and me?? Really! Your generous gift will mean alot to those in whose name you donate and to the lucky recipients of your generosity. :thumbs up :grouphug:

14+kitties
December 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
How wonderful!! That is indeed the ultimate gift. :grouphug::cloud9: I am praying next year I will be in a little better position financially to help out a bit myself. :o

hedgiemama
December 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
that really is a great gift! its so thoughtful, any animal lover would really appreciate that !:cloud9:

Love4himies
December 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
What a great idea :thumbs up and I think I will do just that!

Etown_Chick
December 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
That is, indeed, the best gift ever!
Now I plan to follow suit

Marty11
December 10th, 2010, 09:52 PM
14+ you are a blessing for those kitties......:thumbs up Great gift idea to follow.

mastifflover
December 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I love this idea and you have solved my Christmas dilemma for me. I have gotten really nice cards for my friends and in it I will tell them about what the money that I donated in their names is doing for a homeless animal. My friends all understand what an animal lover I am and most of them are. I think everybody will feel good about it and most of all the animals.
Benmax you rock great idea and I am stealing it thanks

Sylvie
December 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM
A few years back we used to exchange gifts with a few friends. We decided one year that we would donate to a pet rescue instead. :thumbs up I think it is a great idea. Helps the animals and me, don't have to figure out what to buy for them. :D

Your idea is great BenMax

BenMax
December 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
A few years back we used to exchange gifts with a few friends. We decided one year that we would donate to a pet rescue instead. :thumbs up I think it is a great idea. Helps the animals and me, don't have to figure out what to buy for them. :D

Your idea is great BenMax

That is an excellent idea as well Sylvie.:thumbs up

Well looks like my X-mas came early. The dog that required life saving surgery...has been saved. He got what he needed and he will spend his x-mas with a foster family. This rescue was able to get everything together to save him. My gift will be given to someone special with an update on this pup.

There is a wonderful feeling one gets when you get the Gift of Life.:)

So glad that this suggestion will spread and more animals will be saved. Thank you all so much for sharing.

Sylvie
December 13th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Great news BenMax. Merry Christmas and a few more Christmas miracles would be great.