Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tucker back from well doggy check

doggy lover
December 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Tucker will be seven in May, (where does time go) took him to the vet today for a yearly check up. Wanted to have a few lumps and bumps checked, 2 skin tags, 1 fatty tissue and one bump on his leg that worried me a little more. Anyways the vet tried to get some on the one on his leg with a needle but just came out as an oil..said he wasn't too worried about it and just to watch it and see if it grows. Other that that he gained a pound in a year (wished I could say that) teeth, ears, heart, lungs all ok. He is well muscled and healthy as a horse. Said they would start doing wellness blood tests on him when he turns eight. So :thumbs up for Tucker:dog:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2010, 03:22 PM
He looks so good under the tree! :flirt: I'd settle for a prezzie like that! :D

Good news on the health check! Good boy, Tucker!!! :goodvibes:

rainbow
December 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Great health check :thumbs up and great pic of your handsome boy under the tree. :cloud9:

Dog Dancer
December 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Yay for a good checkup! Tucker looks like a great present I have to agree. He's so cute. :lovestruck:

doggy lover
December 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys, this was the first time with this new vet as ours retired I'll miss him have been using him for over 20 years. This one is young or I'm getting old but Tucker was well behaved with him, he likes male vets better but likes to flirt with the other girls that work there....lol His leg is a little swollen from the fine needle biopsy he did on the lump there but after being stuck about 6 times I guess it would be, better safe than sorry though. I guess after losing my last dog to bone cancer in his front leg I just worry, but this isn't attached to the bone its just under the skin, so thats one thing off my mind.

chico2
December 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Doggylover,Tucker is just such a handsome boy,all that's missing is a bow and he'd be the best present:lovestruck:
Glad he had a good check-up:thumbs up

Dog Dancer
December 9th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Six pokes!! :eek: Shadow would never go back again! What a good boy to take that abuse.

doggy lover
December 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Six pokes!! :eek: Shadow would never go back again! What a good boy to take that abuse.

the most he did was try and lift his foot away, yep he got lots of treats for being a good boy:angel: