Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leaving Annie this weekend...

shan
September 16th, 2004, 11:13 AM
So, my b/f Cody and I are going to Banff this weekend and satying in a b & b just to get away for a bit. And while I am SO excited about that, I have to leave Annie. I havent been apart from her for more than 1 night since I got her, and now I will be away from her for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I know she will be okay, as I am leaving her with my Mom & Dad and she will have a great time playing with their dogs. I guess I now know what it feels like to put your kid on the us for the first time, or leave them at camp the first day. Am I just being silly or do you guys all feel like this too? I guess its a good thing since it shows that I care, and that she most certainly has become a huge part of my life!!! :D :)

Writing4Fun
September 16th, 2004, 11:34 AM
You're not being silly at all! :D Despite the fact that she has 4 legs and lots of fur, for all intents and purposes she is your child! Hubby and I drove from Montréal to Calgary a few years back (before the 2-legged kids were born). We were gone for almost 2 full weeks. We left our dog with my brother, who has 2 dogs of his own. So we knew she was being extremely well cared-for, and with 2 cousins to play with I bet she didn't even notice we were gone! But we called every day to see how she was doing - spent lots of money on pre-paid calling cards!! Looking back, I thought I was being very silly. But having joined this board, I now have written proof that it is perfectly normal behaviour! :D

glasslass
September 16th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Not just normal behavior, but desired behavior :D !

chico2
September 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
We will be leaving for a couple of weeks in October and I already worry...my son will be here in my house,but the routine of the cats will change completly.He will not take them outside like I do,afraid they'll run away,so they'll be miserable for two weeks :(
We also pack our suitcase downstairs,because the cats do not like suitcases,I am sure they know we're leaving :D

shan
September 17th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Well, Annie is gone :( . Last night as I was watching Survivor, I kept looking around for my puppy to pet, and then when it was over, I got up to let her out to pee. I know she will have a blast...I just wont be there to see it! :o