Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Red thing on dogs lip!

Nagini
December 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hey!

I found a lump/pimple on my two year old female dogs lip. She has droopy lips and this "pimple?" is located on the outside of her lower lip, but her upper lip falls over it and covers it so its a moist environment there.

This pimple is the size of a small pea, comes outwards, firm and is totally red and looks wet - though this could be because her lips there are always moist.
I cleaned it up with a desinfective cotton bud and some very little brownish liquid was on the cotton bud afterwards.

She doesnt seem to be bothered by it, and i just found it today. What could it be? Ill try and add a picture soon.

Nagini
December 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Btw, she just had her heat.

Nagini
December 13th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Sorry it took me while, but here it is...
1st picture from about 1 week ago, the second one from last night... Grown a little...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WrYhvnSoyb8/TQYjhXUGwYI/AAAAAAAAAs0/K2hzwmPHztc/photo11.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WrYhvnSoyb8/TQYjhuTKMEI/AAAAAAAAAs4/SDxBFW5DH6A/photo1.jpg

rainbow
December 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Nagini, I would take her to the vet especially since you said that it has grown in size. Good luck and please post with an update. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I have to agree. If it's persisted this long and is not improving, it's time for her to see a vet!

Nagini
December 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Histiocytoma is the diagnosis, says our vetenarian! Very common amongst young dogs, they tend to grow and often disappear by itself in 2-3months. We're gonna just wait and see if its gonna disappear, otherwise if it grows too big or causes problems for our dog we are gonna do a quick surgery to remove it!

No biggie apparently.

Histocytoma is also called as the strawberry-tumor or something like that, because how much it resembels a strawberry!

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Whew! Yep, we've had those, too--but never in a mouth! Glad it checked out okay!

We've always ended up having them removed because they were on faces and constantly getting scraped open and bloody. :frustrated: Luckily your girl's is in a more protected spot. :fingerscr it clears up on its own.

rainbow
December 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Glad to hear that it's nothing serious :thumbs up and hope it resolves on its own. :fingerscr :goodvibes: