Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost lhasa-poo oshawa, ontario

Josee
November 30th, 2010, 08:04 PM
We lost our little Lhasa Poo Nov 10 in Oshawa Beatrice / Grandview area
We are totally devastated and never imagined that we wouldn't find her by now. We feel violated and in disbelief. To us she's our little girl and she is my kids little sister. We waited 5 years before we decided to adopt a dog and took a year to find her. She was the runt of a litter, smaller than most Lhasa Poo I've seen. We are so proud of her, she's our little sunshine girl. We've been out looking for her for 3 weeks tomorrow every single day. We posted hundreds of posters, contacted Animal services Oshawa/Clarington daily, Humane Society, various pet agencies, Paws in Whitby, went to several veterinarians, I posted on numerous sites, puts ads in the newspaper to no avail.
We are at a complete lost not 1 call not 1 clue. We know someone would have picked her up from what we've been told when we went door to door, what we don't understand is why they haven't reported her found. What drives people to take other people's family members. She is not a puppy she's 4 years old and probably misses us horribly and has no way to find her way home. Have we missed something? or do lots of people kidnap other people's beloved pets. We keep having to put up new posters because people keep taking them down.......We are loosing faith in people but we are certainly not willing to give up on our little Angel

Chris21711
December 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your girl is missing.....what colouring does she have and do you have a photo you can post of her......there are a few members on this forum that live in the Oshawa area.

sassylemon
December 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
have you tried contacting other humane societies in the area?

shirley1011
December 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Josee..isn't there a large forested area near there with a dog park?
maybe your little dog has run with another dog...keep putting the posters back up! have you put on the free ad on kijiji/oshawa/durham....make sure you check the free button..a lot of people read that section.
See if the schools will help you distribute flyers to the students...they are great sets of eyes and ears.
I live north of you and go into shop in that area so I will keep my eyes open....there was once a dog from Whitby made it all the way
up in our area of Raglan and took shelter in a barn.....
Don't give up!

Josee
December 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
I've been contacting Animal Services Oshawa/Clarington, Humane Society almost daily and i look at the new dogs coming in almost evey hour. I'm sure they are getting sick of me. We've been stalking the dog park Harmony conservation area on a regular basis and we drive around the city every night.
We are going to replace the posters again with a brighter coloured poster, i also made huge signs and put them in major intersections but again they keep going down. We're not going to give up because we miss her so much it hurts. My parent had a bad accident on the weekend and my kids needed her so much ...... I don't think most people understand what we are going through because we keep being told to get a new dog. Wow there is no replacing a family member to us. If anyone would be kind enough to let me know how to post a picture i would be really greatful. I just can't figure it out
Thanks

shirley1011
December 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Josee...someone will help you with posting a picture..never been my strong point.
Try printing some business card size missing cards with info on one side and picture on the other and pass them out to people in the dog park...they will keep the card with them and they are a great source as they are out there walking.
I so understand how much you are missing your dog...lost mine a few years ago and never did find and still haunts me today......but just don't give up!

Josee
December 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
She is mostly Black with a little bit of white on chin, chest and tip of her front paws. She's 4 years old so she is greying in some areas. She's also pretty timid around strangers.

Josee
December 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
That's a wonderful idea thanks!

GateKeeper
December 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Posted for Dgirard

A dog matching yours was turned over Oshawa Animal Control on Dec 10/2010. Please check with the shelter in person to see if this is your dog.

Good Luck

GateKeeper

chico2
December 12th, 2010, 03:52 PM
and,was it her???:pray:

shirley1011
December 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I hope she replies but I sent her a message thru kijiji and just got a message that she was indeed picked up yesterday.
What a special Xmas wish come true.

rainbow
December 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I'm so happy to hear that they were re-united. :goodvibes:

rg_girlca
December 12th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I am so happy that she got her little dog back. Yes, a X-Mas miracle for sure.
I hope though that she comes back on here to let us know how her little angel is doing after being missing for so long. I pray she is okay.

Josee
December 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I just wanted to let you know our little Angel was found by a wonderful lady on Saturday. We are so grateful that she took the time to investigate what her little dogs were trying to let her know.When my husband received the call from Animal Services he was very doubtful that it would be her but he rushed down there anyway just in case. We just can't seem to stop crying when we look at her but they are super happy tears. She went to the vet yesterday and she is doing remarkably well considering her ordeal. She is eating well and gaining more strenght every day. No meds required just lots of love, hugs and kisses. I wish I didn't have to work this week and I could stay home to comfort her.

She's our miracle little dog and we are so thrilled that she is home. We couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas present, we truly feel blessed no words to describe it really......

Thanks for everything.

The Hackenberger Family

Love4himies
December 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I am so glad she is home. So was she on the run for a month?? :eek:

chico2
December 14th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Josee,This certainly is a miracle story,even I tear up,thinking about how incredibly happy you must be.
I wish all our missing pets would come home,it would be the only Christmas present needed,for many of us..

Josee
December 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Hi

It appears that she was probably running in the woods most of that time..... for a good 3weeks anyway before she decided to crawl in a cedar hedge.She was in the cedar hedge for a week based on what the lady that found her told me. She was covered in burrs and sticks and she smelt absolutely horrible, worst than a swamp. Her eyes couldn't open anymore stuck together frozen and infected. She is literally just skin and bones. We are totally amazed that she is still alive. She was looking pretty good this morning considering, she can even go up and down the stairs now....everything is a celebration right now. We just have to be really careful feeding her for the next little while, just a couple of table spoons every 3 to 4 hours depending on how she feels. She can't control her business right now either the vet said it will take a couple of weeks and she's farting like crazy. Her tummy is really upset and sore but she's gained a tiny little bit of weight since Saturday so she's making awesome progress it's hard to believe.
We're just so proud of her

chico2
December 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Josee,she is a little survivor for sure,an amazing story:grouphug:

shirley1011
December 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Wow...what a little miracle girl. So happy you have found her...keep us updated on how she is doing and when she is feeling better a picture would be great....again AMAZING

Chris21711
December 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
That is awsome news :thumbs up

pbpatti
December 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
That is awsome news :thumbs up

ditto:grouphug::goodvibes: patti

hezbglad
December 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
what a Christmas miracle! I'm so happy for you! :thumbs up

Cayenne
December 15th, 2010, 12:14 AM
awesome! I am so happy for you! :) It gives me hope now that my boy will come back home too!

Shane1
December 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
If you could have seen Angel when I found her on Saturday, you would know just how much of a MIRACLE it is that she made it. She was emaciated, dehydrated, soaking wet and blind because of her fur freezing over her eyes. I can't believe her little feet weren't frost bitten. Poor little girl. I felt so sorry for her and had a good cry myself. I don't think she would have made it through the flash freeze we had on the weekend. With virtually no body fat, she quite possibly would have frozen to death. Someone was truly watching over her. I'll never berate my little dogs for barking again. In hind sight, they were trying very hard to alert me to Angels dilema. What a fitting name for such lovely, gentle little girl. Please keep us posted Josee, I don't want to keep calling and bugging you but I'd love to have a little visit with Angel and you when you are both feeling up to it. Just an afterthought....you mentioned that your parent had a very bad accident while Angel was away. I hope that situation turns out as well as Angels. You're in my thoughts.

chico2
December 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Shane1,thank you for saving this little ones life:grouphug:

BenMax
December 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Shane1 - you are a wonderful loving soul. Thank you so much for taking the time to save this little one, where so many others would not.

Angel certainly had her Guardian Angel that day.

Bless you.:grouphug:

Shane1
December 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
No thanks needed Ben and Chico. Just wish I'd investigated earlier in the week. I felt so guilty because I could have saved Angel from a few more nights in the elements. The only reason I noticed her on the weekend is because I just happened to be on the right angle and saw movement through the fence. I knew it wasn't one of my neighbours dogs as they're much bigger. Needless to say, I was panic stricken. My entire family are animal people. My sister is a dog trainer and has 8 dogs of her own, all but 2 are resue's. My husband, kids and I have loved and lost many pets over the last 39 years. Each time one of our beloved pets passes on we swear we'll never get another but in the end, cave in. We love our 2 little Pom's and can only imaginge the pain if one of them went missing. The reunion of Angel and her family is the best Christmas present I too could have asked for.

Love4himies
December 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Shane, you are definitely a guardian :angel: :grouphug: :lovestruck:

Love4himies
December 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Shane and Josee, I hope you will stick around our forum and share some pics.

Shane1
December 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I'll be more than happy to be a member of this site. I've tried to attach pictures of my little girls, Mia and Deja. Hopefully it worked. Click on the attachments.

shirley1011
December 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Oh my what cute little bundles!....So glad you found Angel...I can't imagine how that would make your Christmas special knowing how special you have made one family feel.
How far away from her home was she found?

Love4himies
December 16th, 2010, 06:58 AM
They are such sweetie pies :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

Shane1
December 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
We live about 1.5 miles away from where Angel went missing. There are many streets and some very busy intersections she would need to cross to reach my neighbourhood. It's unreal she didn't get hit by a car. There are also some wooded areas that she very easily could get lost in or attacked by a wild animal. The Oshawa bike path is 2 doors down from my house and a coyote was spoted down there in the summer. I still can't believe that she survived that long being such a tiny girl. She must have been living on nothing but snow.

shirley1011
December 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Wow she was really lost! I can't believe no one saw her unless she was hiding in the woods....sounds like she was following the bike path...our dog that has never been found was following the path between Orillia and Barrie...I guess there are scents and they think they can find their way.
Hope you get to see this little Angel again....I'm sure you have made one family's Christmas wish come true.

Shane1
December 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
For all you dog lovers out there, please cut and paste the link below into your browser to see a VERY MERRY DOGGIE CHRISTMAS.

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1

Josee
December 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi

We would love for you to come visit Shane that would be really wonderful. You are in our thoughts a lot, I know I’ve thanked you but it just doesn’t seem like it’s enough .......
You saved Angel’s life there is no doubt and we feel sooooo lucky. She’s feeling better every day and looks better every day. She brought me a dirty sock last night when I got home
so she’s almost back to her silly self. We are probably spoiling her too much right now but we just can’t help it. I get up several times a night just to make sure she’s really back and she’s ok.
What a nice change from getting up crying every couple of hours because I thought I could hear her bark in the backyard.

My parents we’re hit by a car while out for walk almost 3weeks ago. They were crossing Taunton road and a gentleman went through the red light and struck them. They will recover
with a few months of therapy and should be able to resume a decent quality of life if all goes well. Having Angel back comforts our kids and us a great great deal. November was a really horrible month
For our entire family but we still feel extremely blessed that everything will be ok. Everything could have turned much worst all around.

chico2
December 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Josee,this is really an incredible story and Angel certainly had a guardian angel all this time and then along came Shane at just the right time :grouphug:
A wonderful Christmas happening,thank you for letting us here at the Forum be part of it,it really warms your heart..

Love4himies
December 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Josee, I am so sorry to hear about your parents :grouphug::grouphug:. I know how dangerous drivers can be.:(

What a wonderful, happy story for you to have found your beloved dog. We really needed some good news on this forum as it really has been a horrible year for many members who have lost their babies.

I truly hope you will join in with the rest of the forum (and Shane too).

BenMax
December 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
:offtopic: Though off topic..slightly...there is such a thing called fate or 'people of passage'. Shane1 somehow is present in your life for a purpose. The dog going missing brought you both together for a certain reason which will be reveilled in the future. Life is a complete circle and you have all been brought together for some unknown reason...

I know I sound like a flake...I am..:laughing: but I can tell you that I know there is something very magical in this whole meeting of people. The dog was the facilitator.

Shane1
December 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I'm so glad your parents are going to recover. November wasn't kind to your family but things are definately looking up for December and the New Year! Hopefully your parents won't suffer any long term effects from the accident. It seems to me that Oshawa is the "Go through a red light," capital of the world. I can't tell you how many times I've seen cars go through red lights.

I really would love to visit with Angel and your family after she's feeling stronger and maybe had a grooming. To say she smelled like a swamp is a bit of an understatement!

Shane1
December 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm a true believer in EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. We may not be able to see or understand the reason at the time something happens but eventually it will become clear.

Sylvie
December 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM
It is so heartwarming to read this story. I am so glad that Angel has returned home. As L4 mentioned many of our members have lost our furkids this year. It is nice to have a Christmas Miracle that makes us smile,

I, also, second the motion that you both should join this forum. There is some great people and lots of good advice and just plain lets share the pictures. We can be pushy when it comes to pictures:laughing::laughing:

Merry Christmas to both of you and please take pictures at the reunion when you meet.

Josee
December 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
LOL she still stinks horribly. We did give her a quick little bath on Sunday no choice but we didn't want to upset her too much. She hates the blow dryer. The vet said we need to take her to the grommers in about 2 weeks to have her hair shaved. They need to clean around her eyes really bad but needs to be done by a professional. Her hair in some parts is really tight against her skin we've done the best we can which is why the vet recommended a shave and not a cut. We just need to wait until she gains more weight and the gash over her eye is healed before it can get done. Yes I will post some pictures once I figure out what I'm doing

Josee
December 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Here's Angel with her buddy Misty!
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/KlavinBFH/IMG_6375.jpg
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/KlavinBFH/IMG_6106.jpg
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/KlavinBFH/IMG_5707.jpg

shirley1011
December 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Josee...Angel is beautiful...so glad she is home safe and sound...looks like a real little sweetheart.

chico2
December 18th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Josee,awww what can I say,our miracle-girl herself:lovestruck:
I bet Misty was happy to have her back too..

cpietra16
December 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
:offtopic: Though off topic..slightly...there is such a thing called fate or 'people of passage'. Shane1 somehow is present in your life for a purpose. The dog going missing brought you both together for a certain reason which will be reveilled in the future. Life is a complete circle and you have all been brought together for some unknown reason...

I know I sound like a flake...I am..:laughing: but I can tell you that I know there is something very magical in this whole meeting of people. The dog was the facilitator.

I was thinking the same thing....so it does not make you a flake...or maybe it makes us both flakes:shrug:...doesn't matter!!
I am so happy to hear that this story had a happy ending....a nice christmas present.

Shane1
December 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Great pictures Josee. I'm so glad you posted them. Angel's certainly looking much better than when I found her! Looking at her now, you would never know the ordeal she's been through. It really is a MIRACLE that she came through this and with no permanent damage.

Josee
December 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi

Just thought I would clairify lol these are pictures taken before her big adventure.....
Her hair doesn't quite look like that right now. We had to cut quite a bit off so it's pretty chunky, looks like she got a really bad haircut. I had to give her another bath yesterday the smell was hard to tolerate anymore. She looks really really good though compared to a week ago. She's gaining more weight and is getting stronger everyday. We just love her to pieces.

Shane1
December 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Ah....that's why she looks so good. I was thinking she really did have a miraculous recovery! I'm sure she'll be back to her beautiful self in no time.

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
So nice to come in at the end of a happy story! Really minimizes the stress levels! :D I'm so happy it worked out so well and Angel is home! And so nice to hear there really are good samaritans out there still! :thumbs up

Josee
January 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Shane
We would like to have you come for a visit when it's convenient for you. Angel is back to her silly self, she's gained most of her weight back. We work all day but maybe 1 evening or over the weekend would work out for you. I meant to call you today but I rushed out of the house this morning and forgot to bring it with me. If you happen to look at this post today just let me know if that would work for you.