Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gmall: The Plastic Bag Kitten

iamhappy
November 29th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Last night, my sister was out washing a shirt in the laundry area in our backyard. She was to hang it dry when a HEARTLESS SOMEONE:evil: threw a plastic bag inside our fence.

She should have picked it up and threw it back to that devil whoever he is! :evil:But there was a soft meowing inside the bag. She opened it up and voila! A poor, really cold and shaking kitten. :cat:I figured it was not a week-old yet coz its hairs were standing on their tips and it walks a really shaky way.:shrug:

It's so small. Twiggy legs, bulging tummy and huge blue eyes.:sorry:

How heartless! :evil:

We really felt sorry for the poor little thing. Dad said we could have it. We named it Gmall because it was a Gmall plastic bag which contained the poor soul.

We gave it milk coz it can't really eat yet. Luckily, Gmall knows how to lick milk to fill its little tummy. We had Gmall a huge bed. A cozy box with blankets so Gmall could be comfy.:sleepy:

I wish Gmall would live. :cry: Gmall should live.:pray: Live to scratch out the eyes of that heartless vermin who did that horrible thing to her or him. (we do not know if Gmall is a girl or a boy kitty yet. :p)

And for that ugly soul who threw Gmall out, bad karma! bad karma! bad karma! :yuck:

can anybody help us out so Gmall could live?

14+kitties
November 29th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Please post a picture of the kitten so we can try to figure out how old s/he is. I doubt the kitten is only a week old. The eyes would only be opening now and s/he would not know how to lap milk. You would do much better to go and find some cats' milk rather than cows milk. Many cats/kittens can not handle cows milk. I don't know if you have pet stores there or not but maybe you can find one that has a milk powder for kittens or even Whiskas :yuck: cat milk.
You can also take your other cats food (you know, the old one at 4 years old :rolleyes:) and water it down until it is basically broth. The kitten should then be able to lap it up and fill the tummy.

The kitten will probably have worms. It will need to go to a vet and be checked over and given worm meds. Do not buy the worm meds you can get in a department store or pet store. They are ineffective and dangerous to the kitten.

iamhappy
November 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much 14+ kitties.

My 4year-old cat feeds on veggies and rice, so Gmall can't have it.

I so want Gmall to make it. Yes, we have a pet store. One of my grandpa owns a petshop so maybe he can have me that kitten milk. He is a vet too, He is Stan's vet so he'll help me with Gmall.

Gmall is barely a week old. It still walks wobbly and shaky. Good thing is, it has no secretions in the eyes or nose. I kind of looked at Gmall closely.

Thanks a lot. :angel:

Love4himies
November 29th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Ummm, your cat is a carnivore, not vegetarian, please get some proper cat food for your 4 year old cat. Rice and vegetables will NOT have the essential nutrients you cat needs to survive.

As for the kitten, I too hope karma will get the person who did this. Cow's milk is not nutritionally complete for a kitten, please get some kitten replacement milk from the vet when you take the kitten to get checked. At a week old this kitten would probably still have it's eyes closed, so it is probably older.

14+kitties
November 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks so much 14+ kitties.

My 4year-old cat feeds on veggies and rice, so Gmall can't have it.

I so want Gmall to make it. Yes, we have a pet store. One of my grandpa owns a petshop so maybe he can have me that kitten milk. He is a vet too, He is Stan's vet so he'll help me with Gmall.

Gmall is barely a week old. It still walks wobbly and shaky. Good thing is, it has no secretions in the eyes or nose. I kind of looked at Gmall closely.

Thanks a lot. :angel:

Ok, couple of things. Your 4 year old cat needs to get off veggies and rice. Cats need meat, not vegetables. :frustrated: A good quality cat food with meat is what your kitty needs.
Again - a week old kitten would not know how to lap up milk. It would hardly be "walking" - even wobbly. A kitten that is 4 or 5 weeks old would be walking wobbly. And the eyes would still be slightly cloudy and just barely opened at a week old. The kitten would not have survived this long if left with no mom at a week old. That's just the way it is. Please get a camera, take a picture, and post it here. We can help determine how old the kitten is.

iamhappy
November 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I think I'm gonna try Puti on cat food. All this time we'd been having him on veggies coz he eats veggies better that meat. He'd have fish too.

Yeah, I'm gonna do everything to make this little kitty make it. Thanks