Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dehydrated 7 mon pup with no vommitting

jewels9935
September 15th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I have a 7 mon old jackrussell and part poodle pup. she is very active. Today around 2 p.m. I noticed that she was not herself, but I thought that she was just tired. By dinner time she was weak and shaky and her eyes just didn't look clear to me. I rushed her to the Vet and they said that she had sighns of dehydration, but she hasn't been sick. They are keeping her overnight to put her on fluids and run tests. This all came out of the blue today, and I was wondering if anyone knew what this could be. I just lost my golden retriever of 11 yrs to kidney failure and I'm so woirried that I'm gonna go through it again. PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME HELP!!! I am so worried!!
Thanks, Jewels9935

Lucky Rescue
September 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
IF you live anywhere in the Montreal or Ottawa area, it was hot and humid here today. A very active puppy could get dehydrated just from heat and humidity,too much running around and maybe not drinking enough.

I hope your baby will be okay. Please let us know!

pug lover
September 15th, 2004, 09:23 PM
keep us updated, will help make you feel better good luck to your pup

jewels9935
September 15th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I'm, sorry to say but we live in CT and it was not hot today. The only thing I can think of is that she ate something she shouldn't have. I just don't know what because she gets into everything and I watch her constantly. Anyways thanks for responding I'll let ya know as soon as I hear. I love that puppy, she is our lil sunshine!!Thanks, Jewels9935