Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Country dogs

Sib.HuskyMom
November 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Well, it's been about 2 weeks since J & T went from city-slickers to country boys.
Unfortunately, our lot consists of about 2 acres of pure mud, so they're not allowed to run around much yet. But we've started going to the dog park on weekends, which is something we'd never done before.
So far we've been twice and it's been a great success. I think the boys have each made a few new friends :thumbs up

We've also had some new experiences out here. So far on a walk, we've run into 2 deer (about 50ft in front of us - very cool!) and a couple of howling coyotes that were extremely close. Odly enough, J & T didn't really seem to care much about the coyotes - perhaps they could somehow sense that it wasn't an attack? :shrug: I still think it'd be cool if one of the coyotes howled, and Jasper and Timber howled back :laughing:

Other than that, we've had to make a few adjustments to our evening walks. It's so unbelievabley dark out here. The boys now have some new outfits to sport. Funny enough, mine and DH's vests are in matching colours :loser:

14+kitties
November 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Very nice! :cloud9: Have you retired to your "country cottage" now? :fingerscr

Dog Dancer
November 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
What great pics, I love their vests. Years ago I made coats for my two girls, and then I ended up with a coat the same colour (my son gave me it). Now I feel like people are laughing at me for having the same colour coat as my dogs, and I want to tell strangers that honestly we didn't plan it that way!! Nice that the dogs are adjusting to the country life. They're so fortunate to be out of the city. Soon they'll have grass I'm sure! They look great and happy.

chico2
November 23rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Timber and Jasper are sooo beautiful and look very handsome in their new coats,I am sure they'll become country bumpkins in no time.
I bet they'll love it when that mud is snow-covered:dog:

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
They looks smashing in their vests, SHM!! Nice to see your beautiful boys again! And glad to hear they're enjoying their new digs! :D

luckypenny
November 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Congrats on your new home, SHM :highfive:. Can't wait to see more pics of the boys enjoying the country :goodvibes:.

TeriM
November 25th, 2010, 02:02 AM
The dogs look very stylish :lovestruck:.

onster
November 25th, 2010, 04:33 PM
congrats on ure new place :grouphug: ure boys be looking so stylin' too :cool:

joey7
December 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM
I like those vests as well, what a cure pair.