Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shadow got her snow!

Dog Dancer
November 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Okay, the pics are horrible, but that's what happens when the kids can't wait for the sun to come up before they go and play in the snow... Halo wanted to chase the lazer light, and Shadow wanted to chase Halo. It's hard to point the lazer and the camera! They had a good romp at the park after this and then Shadow had stiff legs all day, the price she had to pay for having some snow fun. Yeah, I know, that's hardly "snow", but for us it is! Sorry it's so huge.

Melinda
November 22nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
the pics make me shiver *L* they are great, I love their matching coats, Brina too loves the snow , so we're quite anxious to get ours. Thanks for sharing!!

pbpatti
November 22nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
DD, that amount of snow in Vancouver can cause a lot of trouble so do not apoligize. Your pictures look like the pupps had fun playing in it. You were hoping that Shadow would have another snow play date and you got your wish. patti

14+kitties
November 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Sweet!!! Shadow looks extremely please to be out in the snow playing. :cloud9: I'm sure Sammy will be doing the same if/when we get snow. But you can keep it there. I'm not in a hurry...... nope, not at all. Brrrrrrrrr!!

Dog Dancer
November 22nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh I see how bad I am at pointing the lazer and camera - in the second fuzzy shot the lazer light is on Halo's back :laughing: She'll never catch it there! It wasn't much snow at all, which is about normal for us. Two years ago we had feets and feets of snow... well lots.... Who knows what we'll get this year, but hopefully this is it for a while. Today is bitterly cold at -5 with a windchill of -16 or so. Very cold for BC and the dogs do feel it in their feet. Shadow loved loved loved it though. Halo figures it's okay to pee on the deck because with the snow on it, it looks like the lawn... :wall: I have to warn her constantly as she goes out to go downstairs not pee up on the deck. She's so cute though!

chico2
November 22nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
OMG,you have snow in Vancouver:laughing:or did I get it wrong,you are not in Vancouver:shrug:
Well,the pups seem to like it,but it's noooooo:yell:for me
We had +13 C today..and rain.

breeze
November 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
when's the next flight out to Vancouver??? so that I can come and play in the snow with the pups :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
November 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Chico, why are you laughing at us for having snow??? Is it because we all have heart attacks at the thought of an inch of snow??? Because we can drive just fine in snow, we just can't stop! :laughing: We are actually in Coquitlam, which is an Eastern burb of Vancouver, and what is commonly called "higher elevations", as in "snow in higher elevations..." The dogs absolutely love it, although their endurance is fairly low at 10 and 13. But they do go crazy for a while!

Dee-O-Gee
November 22nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Dog Dancer...PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, keep the snow there! :D

Looks like Shadow and Halo were having the time of their lives. I know the feeling with the lasers too. Mollie goes absolutely Ape S*&T even when she here's the "click"! :crazy:

Great snowy pictures DD. :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
November 22nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Breeze are you going to bring the pups with you??? Please! Shadow would hate them, but you could play outside with her and I'd doggy sit...:D I'll try to keep the snow here for all you who don't want it. It's not going anywhere right now at -5. Tomorrow's supposed to be colder and Thursday more snow before it turns back to rain. Who knew I'd be looking forward to the rain - it just means the temp is back above 0!

breeze
November 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Breeze are you going to bring the pups with you??? Please!

did you know that most airlines have a weight restriction for Dogs plus carrier:eek:??
and that Bree and especially Arch is over that weight :eek:??

sooo you'll just have to settle for me :(:D

We thought about buying them their own seat but they were not going for it :laughing::laughing::(

Dog Dancer
November 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Well then, since they can't have their own seats, and I wouldn't want them to have to go cargo anyhow, we'd be happy to have you come out by yourself. Sorta. Don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but you know...:rolleyes: Bring lots of pics. We have lots of room, you're always welcome! The grrrrls love company, they put on a great floor show!

KLM, Halo looks for the spot on the ground then gives me a dirty look if it's not there. She knows exactly where it comes from and I feel like a bad mommy if I forget to bring spot on our walks.

breeze
November 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
we'd be happy to have you come out by yourself. Sorta. Don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but you know...:rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
that's a good one
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Dog Dancer
November 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Whew, glad you're laughing Breeze. I have a sort of twisted sense of humour and not everybody gets it!!! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2010, 10:50 PM
I want some! I want some!!!! The dogs need more than the little dusting we got today!!!! :yell:

Lucky Shadow and Halo--especially to have a Mom who's willing to stay out in the snow and play with them (even if she does have trouble aiming the laser :p)! :D

Dog Dancer
November 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hazel, I'm almost as bad at aiming the lazer as the camera! My camera is too slow to get good action shots though. So for those of you who asked that I keep the snow out here in the West let me say we're supposed to get another couple of inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow morning. Unfortunately for the snow lovers it's supposed to turn to rain after that as the temperature will finally rise above 0. It was 9 below celcius last night when I took them out and the dogs feet kept freezing up (to say nothing of my nose!).

luckypenny
November 24th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Love seeing pics of Shadow and Halo :lovestruck:. Wonderful how snow makes them feel and act like youngsters :goodvibes:.

Your yard is gorgeous as well, DD!

Dog Dancer
November 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM
It's amazing how the cold and snow makes them act like puppies. But like I said after a few minutes of frolicking Shadow's hind legs paid a price for it! Poor soul, she was slow getting up in the evening. Thanks for the yard comment LP - it's not so nice in the winter as summer. Maybe with this coming snowfall we'll get some better pics.

TeriM
November 25th, 2010, 02:00 AM
So much fun to see the dogs enjoy the snow :cloud9:. Riley had a blast in the snow this weekend as well. I was trying to get him to poop before I went into the competition and all he wanted to do was romp in the snow :laughing:.

Thanks for sharing DD, I am happy that Shadow got some snow. We need to celebrate and cherish all those moments as much as we can :).

Dog Dancer
November 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I hear you Teri! Right now anything Shadow wants, Shadow gets. If she wants 15 cookies she gets them! I bet Riley had a blast with the snow too. He'll be happy again today it appears. After our walk this morning Shadow went straight to the front yard gate, I opened it up for her and she did zoomie laps around the front yard in the fresh snow. I didn't get pics this morning though, plus it was still only about an inch at walk time.

breeze
November 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM
It's amazing how the cold and snow makes them act like puppies. But like I said after a few minutes of frolicking Shadow's hind legs paid a price for it! Poor soul, she was slow getting up in the evening. Thanks for the yard comment LP - it's not so nice in the winter as summer. Maybe with this coming snowfall we'll get some better pics.

is there anything you do special for those stiff legs??
Bree's back legs gets very stiff if I don't limit her running/playing and looking for some other things I can try.

I hope to see some more pictures, (I'm so jealous right now) they are calling for freezing rain tonight and into tomorrow morning... no walks if that is the case.:(:(

Dog Dancer
November 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Breeze, there's nothing special I do for Shadow other than give her a little leg massage after she's played or run around. She's very old and like her mom just gets stiff from age. She's always been fortunate to have good strong legs so we never put her on glucosamine or anything. Never needed to. I do plan to take her to the vet soon though to see if she should be on anything just to help her with her aches and pains of age. If it's still snowing this afternoon when I get home I'll try to get a few more pics. It's supposed to turn to rain, but so far it's just pounding down snow!! If anybody reads this and has any ideas for Bree please feel free to interupt this thread and offer the advice - it is all about the pets here!! :thumbs up

onster
November 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
yaaaay for shadow! Glad someone likes the snow :p

in the 3rd pic is the red dot just from the camera? or is it a laser pointer? omg my bunduk would go crazy if that was the cam :p

Dog Dancer
November 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Onster, the dot in the pics is from the lazer light. Did you see it in the second pic on Halo's back! :laughing: She couldn't see it either!!! Yeah, they both love the snow!

breeze
November 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
shadow must love those leg messages :lovestruck: give her one extra for me please I feel her pain though, since I also suffer from arthritis

it's so nice to see them enjoying the snow even if it's just for a bit :cloud9::cloud9:
I'm just waiting for my turn oops I mean Bree's and Archer's turn to play in the snow:D:D

Dog Dancer
November 26th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Just one more shot of Shadow. The others didn't turn out well last night at all, I think it was too cold for the camera.

Shadow loves her leg rubs after being outside. Wish I had a slave... Breeze I hope you get some pics of your guys in the snow when their turn comes. Shouldn't be too long, we're done with it now.

breeze
November 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
look at the snow!!! and of course beautiful shadow :cloud9:

I just have to be patient, my turn will come and pictures will be in abundance (the ones that turn out):laughing::laughing:

I have been reading about herbal remedies
here is a link that I thought was interesting, down near the bottom you can make an oil for a rub
http://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/herbal-pain-remedies.html (good for your hands to :thumbs up especially mine:o)
maybe it would help Shadow?? :fingerscr

Dog Dancer
November 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the link Breeze, will have to take a look at that.