Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stan- No terrier

iamhappy
November 21st, 2010, 10:29 PM
I had this previous post about my little furball of energy- my 2 month old Stan.

We had him from a friend who had to give him up because her grandma has lung issue and they cannot have anymore furbabies in the house.

I must have said he is an aspin-terrier mix. However, we found out that HE IS NOT.

I had a friend who saw his weewee video in my sisters camera and whimpered over wanting to see Stan. She said. He said, Stan is among her dream breed. A border collie. She even urged me to BRING STAN TO CHURCH the next Sunday!

So I had to google what border collies are and how they look like. Bingo! Stan look-alikes stormed my results page. I had to get it confirmed.

Luckily, today was when mom brought him to my grandpa's vet clinic. He is a vet. He had to give Stan his 1st vaccines for rabies and (what was the other one again?)

When mom came, grandpa blurted out his question: "Where on earth did you find that Border Collie!" He is a vet and he knows what he is talking about! He had to check on Stan. And so, came the verdict, Stan is no Terrier.

STAN IS A BORDER COLLIE.:lightbulb:

His mom is a terrier and his dad was that one we mistook as an unusually huge, intimidating Aspin, was actually the border collie.

Yikes! :laughing:

catlover2
November 21st, 2010, 11:16 PM
No wonder he's a "ball of energy". BCs need a LOT of hard exercise every day....hope you're up to the challenge. Maybe you could get Stan into flyball or agility. These dogs do well in that.

mona_b
November 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
Awwwwww sounds like a sweetie. Do you have any pics?

He's full of energy cause he's a puppy. LOL

My daughters pup is full of energy. And he's not a Border Collie.:)

iamhappy
November 22nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
No wonder he's a "ball of energy". BCs need a LOT of hard exercise every day....hope you're up to the challenge. Maybe you could get Stan into flyball or agility. These dogs do well in that.

Yeah. I had to google everything about border collies right away. A post said he needs at least a 45-minute walk each day! And he is really smart as border collie's are. He knew his name was Stan in two days (he comes when you call him and does not pay any attention if you'd call him by any other name) and he listen to people conversations especially when is name gets mentioned. LOL! Btw, he got a grip of his sit and down in less than two weeks (with little room for not responding though.)

Once we'd get all his vaccines completed, we'll be taking him to early morning walks. Dad tried walking him one morning but he refuses to go. He'd sit on the pavement. Even, he'd lie down. Maybe when he is a little bigger.

Awwwwww sounds like a sweetie. Do you have any pics? He's full of energy cause he's a puppy. LOL. My daughters pup is full of energy. And he's not a Border Collie.:)

He is actually a real sweetie! A smart, funny, sweetie. He'd love it when my mom lulls him to sleep. Last night he was whimpering over his injection spot so mom had to carry him and lull him. He had his first shot yesterday so he was not the usual ball of energy. He was actually limping. By tomorrow, he will be back in his hyperself.

The pictures? I'm having a hard time uploading them and videos the too. Im dying to have them uploaded. Its even frustrating coz Im to make Stan a facebook fanpage and I ain't got no pics yet!

I'll upload them as soon as I can, though.