Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Riley Q's for his Rally Novice Title

TeriM
November 21st, 2010, 09:50 PM
Riley and I have been working towards our first obedience title. I decided on trying Rally Obedience which is a set, signed course with various stations where you need to do individual maneuvers. This weekend was our first trial. We participated in four classes. To achieve your title you must receive a qualifying score in three classes under at least two different judges.

Our first class was yesterday and we got a 98/100.
Our second class was yesterday and we got a 96/100.
Our third class was this morning and Riley was wonderful but I was an idiot and walked right by one of the stations :o. A missed station is an automatic no-qualify.
Our final class was this afternoon and we qualified with an 89/100 so now we officially have our Rally Novice Title!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of my boy and the bond that we have gained :lovestruck:. A few short years ago I was in tears because he was out of control and developing agressive tendancies. We have worked hard since then and today felt like a bit of a reward for all our work. He was so well behaved around all that action and other dogs.

Plus we had fun :D.

I think he was pretty bored by the last class and all the hanging around but he got an extra reward when we got home. I opened a raffle basket we won and within 30 minutes he had killed a squeeky toy, punched a hole in and desqueeked a new cuz, and mostly killed a cloth frisbee. What a menace to toys :laughing:.

TeriM
November 21st, 2010, 10:07 PM
and I should also add that while at the trial we completed and passed our CKC Canine Good Neighbour test :thumbs up.

http://www.ckc.ca/en/Default.aspx?tabid=91

Ally&Jakub
November 22nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Congratulations! That's definitely something to be proud of. I'm not so familiar with obedience classes, so is there another title after this one? Will you be going for it? If so, good luck and have fun!

Indica goes through toys like that all the time. She can destroy a tennis ball in a few hours. You should get him a Kong if you don't already have one. It seems to be the one toy she can't tear to pieces lol.

14+kitties
November 22nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Aww, good boy Riley!!! :highfive: I bet you were proud as punch Teri! I sure would have been!!!! :cloud9: Great scores too!

Marty11
November 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Great Job Riley!!!:thumbs up I have told my pals with their crazy dogs to join agilitly because any kind of class will put some obedience and control on their dogs.

luckypenny
November 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm so proud of you both, Teri :highfive: :2huggers:.

BUT, you know I'm gonna ask right?? Where are the pictures :yell:?

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Congratulations to both of you, TeriM and Riley!! :highfive: How cool is that!!!! And a Canine Good Neighbor to boot!!!!! Yay!!!

(But where are those pics? :confused:)

:laughing:

Dog Dancer
November 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! How very cool for you both, and your canine good neighbour as well. You've obviously put in a lot of time with Riley. Your bond with him must be great. Did someone mention pictures???

TeriM
November 25th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I bet you were proud as punch Teri! I sure would have been!!!! :cloud9:

I really am so proud it is kinda silly :laughing:.

Great Job Riley!!!:thumbs up I have told my pals with their crazy dogs to join agilitly because any kind of class will put some obedience and control on their dogs.

Agreed, but gotta make sure that dogs have very good foundation skills to be able to work at agility. All dog sports are wonderful for building a bond with our furry friends :).

TeriM
November 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM
OK, so no pictures :o. My instructor did take a video but the lighting isn't so great and it is kinda far away. I will post it when she gets it to me hopefully next week at class :).

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Ach! Bummer about the pics, but there's always next time! :D Looking forward to the video, at least!