Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hard Bumps on my Boxers Chin

dawnybabe
November 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Can anyone help with what could be on my Boxers chin. We just noticed today he has these 2 bumps on his chin that are really hard and are ozing clear stuff a little. He doesnt seem to sensative to us touching them and no change in his energy or eating. Please help with any suggestions before we have to take him to the Vet..Attached are some pictures of the bumps... :pray:

MIA
November 21st, 2010, 01:27 AM
I am going to guess you have plastic dog bowls.... If not that blows that old theory out of the water.... If you do, get stainless steel.

dawnybabe
November 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM
I am going to guess you have plastic dog bowls.... If not that blows that old theory out of the water.... If you do, get stainless steel.

Yes we do have plastic dog bowls.. Why would this do it??

Also, We will look at getting stainless steel ones asap to help our little guy...I dont like the looks of the bump and feel his pain if it hurts..

THanks,
Dawn :thumbs up

MIA
November 21st, 2010, 02:01 AM
Plastic holds bacteria, lots of dogs react mostly the more drooly ones. Even once you get stainless steel be sure to wash them daily. You can clean those bumps with a little peroxide and keep an eye on them to ensure they go away, they can get infected so if they start to look worse take your pooch to the vet.

I have an english mastiff and I also wash her face down at the end of her meal and at night with a warm cloth. Those jowls sure hold a lot.

P.S. please kiss those mushy lips on your lovely dog for me! LOVE MUSHY LIPS!!!!

dawnybabe
November 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Plastic holds bacteria, lots of dogs react mostly the more drooly ones. Even once you get stainless steel be sure to wash them daily. You can clean those bumps with a little peroxide and keep an eye on them to ensure they go away, they can get infected so if they start to look worse take your pooch to the vet.

I have an english mastiff and I also wash her face down at the end of her meal and at night with a warm cloth. Those jowls sure hold a lot.

P.S. please kiss those mushy lips on your lovely dog for me! LOVE MUSHY LIPS!!!!

So we went and got some Stainless Steel Bowls and I hope cleaning his Chin with the Peroxide helps it go away, I feel for my little man. How long do you figure it should take to improve...

I've started washing our Boxers face after he eats because he Drools quit abit when he eats, just noticed the other day after you said to wipe his face down...haha

P.S - We Kiss his Mushy lips all the time, they are soo cute!!

Cheers :thumbs up

mastifflover
November 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mia that was my first thought as well I always use porcelain or stainless steel. It will take a while as we all know drool does not help to speed up infections. Also another common problems is scabbing on the nose. Try and keep it dry hahahaha I know hard but always wipe after he drinks as well. Post more pics of your boy and Mia a Mastiff pic would be special

dawnybabe
November 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
his nose is good... I'll have to remember to wipe his chin after he drinks, he's bad for dripping as we walks away..hahaha I'll get more pictures of my Boy when I get a chance.
Thanks again for any help with getting my boys bump better.. :)

mastifflover
November 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
he's bad for dripping as we walks away
I hear you

dawnybabe
November 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
he's bad for dripping as we walks away
I hear you

Here are a couple more pictures of my Boxer Boy... I have more of both my dogs added to my Picture Album too!! :)

mona_b
November 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Awwwww what a cutie. Fat lip and all. LOL

Question. Do you still plan on having the vet take a look at it? It may or not may be due to the bowls. Rather be safe then sorry.:)

dawnybabe
November 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the comment, he is cute when he plays..haha

we will try the peroxide and cleanin his face for abit see how it looks and if it doesnt look like its improving at all we'll take him to the Vet asap..dont want it to get worse.

dawnybabe
November 25th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Awwwww what a cutie. Fat lip and all. LOL

Question. Do you still plan on having the vet take a look at it? It may or not may be due to the bowls. Rather be safe then sorry.:)

he sure does have droopy fat lips..soo cute we kiss them allot..lol

We took him to the Vet and she said to keep doing what were doing and that it was probably the bowls that caused it and to make sure we keep cleaning them and if it gets worse to bring him in and they'll do a scrape but she said keep it dry and cleaning it, the peroxide is drying it out and they are reducing in size. So let's hope they disappear and the little guy can be good again!! He doesnt itch them so thats good :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
What a sweet boxer boy! :flirt: Glad to hear his chin is improving!!

MIA
November 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Glad it's getting better!!!! He's a cutie for sure. mastifflover here's my new girl, just adopted her maybe two months ago, she's an oldie but a goody...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSCN2042.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSCN2117.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSC_0012.jpg

chico2
November 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Glad the boxer is improving,he is adorable:lovestruck:

MIA,OMG,what a beautiful Mastiff-girl,love her coloring:cloud9:

Jenn~n~Luke
December 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Another thing you can try to keep the acne from reaccuring, is to add a teaspoon or less of apple cider vinnegar to the water bowl every once in a while. You CAN do it every day if you wish but I don't. Great Danes are notorious for chin acne. I agree with wiping off his chin after each drink/meal, and of course the stainless steel bowls are the first thing we do to prevent it. Handsome boy you have there.:thumbs up

totallyhip
December 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
What a cute boy! How old is he? Boxers tend to get acne when they are young. But using stainless steel or porcelain bowls does help alot as mentioned ^^^

dawnybabe
December 3rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
Another thing you can try to keep the acne from reaccuring, is to add a teaspoon or less of apple cider vinnegar to the water bowl every once in a while. You CAN do it every day if you wish but I don't. Great Danes are notorious for chin acne. I agree with wiping off his chin after each drink/meal, and of course the stainless steel bowls are the first thing we do to prevent it. Handsome boy you have there.:thumbs up

Okay I will look for some Apple Cider Vinegar and try that out. Also Thanks so much for the comment, he is a suck too.. :)

dawnybabe
December 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
What a cute boy! How old is he? Boxers tend to get acne when they are young. But using stainless steel or porcelain bowls does help alot as mentioned ^^^

Thank You first of all, Your Boxers are Beautiful as well.
Our boy is going to be 7 months on Dec. 10...they grow too fast..haha
Okay, I will take note on watching his chin and acne make sure it doesnt get worse and see as he gets older if the acne disappears more, the Vet did say Most Boxers get them inside there mouth but ours is outside, so nothing big to worry about. I hope they dont get worse, we love kissing his Droopy lips, there way too precious!! :pawprint:

dawnybabe
December 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Glad it's getting better!!!! He's a cutie for sure. mastifflover here's my new girl, just adopted her maybe two months ago, she's an oldie but a goody...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSCN2042.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSCN2117.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/mriback/Rescue/DSC_0012.jpg

Your Girl is Beautiful, I love her markings!! :pawprint:

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
My oldest guy used to get them all the time when he was young. Up until 2 I think is when they stopped. My other 3 barely got them. Guess its like humans. Some people have way more problem with acne than others.