Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They say cats are super clean animals...

jassy3399
November 20th, 2010, 02:24 PM
but I didn't think they meant it quite like this!
http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=3988

Every day, it seems, Gizmo does something new. The way all babies do, I suppose, and it's not always a good new thing -- like climbing onto my kitchen table. He WILL eventually get the point if I just keep removing him and telling him off, right? Anyway, he's recently decided to explore the bathtub. At least once a day, sometimes right after my shower, sometimes a few hours later, I find him sniffing around the tub floor. It makes me laugh every darned time.

The dog, of course, seems to think the cat is insane. Of course, the dog doesn't enjoy bathtime, and he thinks I'minsane for getting in on a daily basis, so.

catlover2
November 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Your very sweet kitty is naturally curious and cats are curious about water. One of my cats waits on the bathroom counter until I've let out a basin full of hot water, then gets in the warm basin for a rest, even tho it's still wet. Both my 2 like to always get in the tub or a shower tub just to check it out. Once they've made their inspection they go on to other things. Cats like to accompany you in the bathroom to wait while you do your business in the toilet. A dripping faucet will attract attention, and some cats will only drink their water from one instead of a bowl. Some cats even like to get in water and swim (Turkish Vans are a breed known to like water). Even tho some cats will walk in a tub, tho doesn't mean they'll like a bath!

growler~GateKeeper
November 21st, 2010, 02:01 AM
Cute :lovestruck:

I had one cat that like to lay in the still warm tub after someone had a hot bath :cloud9:

Koteburo
November 21st, 2010, 03:47 AM
haha what a cutie! He likes to explore his new world :lovestruck:

When I was a little girl I had a cat named Brigitte<3 and she loved to walk in the shower when my dad was taking one, just walk right into it, she liked water so my dad would just pick her up and give her a shower as well and she enjoyed it. So peculiar and cute.

So little Gizmo likes to sniff and taste water and maybe the warmness as well, yesh :cloud9:

Love4himies
November 21st, 2010, 05:50 AM
:laughing::laughing: What a super cutie. :cloud9:

jassy3399
November 21st, 2010, 11:52 PM
He does like to watch me shower. He can sit and stare for the entire time and then he'll lick a couple drops of water off my leg when I get out. so cute!

Ally&Jakub
November 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Aww that's so cute. Oliver likes to play in the bathtub, especially when it's still wet. He likes to chase the water droplets. He also has to watch the toilet flush every time. It's really comical.

I used to have a cat when I was little, named Kitsia. She would sit on the side of the bathtub every time I had a bath, with the tip of her tail in the bathwater. She didn't do it so much after the one time she accidentally fell in, but it's still one of the things I remember most about her.

Jim Hall
November 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
one of our cats favorite activities is batting a ping pong bowl areound in side the bathtub

chico2
November 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Jim,nice to hear from you again,I'll try that with my cats,they might love it:cat: