Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pittie Co-op Still at it

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2010, 09:56 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108551269215595&index=1:thumbs

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hi all, glad to see that you are all still keeping up the anti-bsl posts..
I am still doing the "Pittie Co-op" meetups, we now have a chapter in Ottawa, Kingston, and we have a sister chapter in Montreal.. we are launching two new chapters.. one in the Tri-City Area and another near Orillia.
I am also part of a group called StopK9profiling which is the political group that is supporting Cheri Dinova's bill, Hershey's Bill which would remove the breed specific portions of DOLA
WE did the August 29th event together this year as it was the Fifth Banniversary.. we have a big fight ahead of us but Cheri feel confident that eventually this bill will pass.
That, ofcourse depends on the election results in October, so far the NDP, the Conservatives, and even the head of the provincial Green Party has pledged support for the bill.
Anyhow, thats a quick update.. Oh, was in court for Ginger.. :(
Gingers owners came to the rally with Gingers empty leash and muzzle :(
No one is sure on her status yet.
There is a new case now in Oshawa where yet another bullie has been seized from it's owner and is scheduled to be put down.. we are all fighting hard to see that doesn't happen.
Sooo THATS a quick update SIGH!!!!!!!
Anyhow, would love it if you guys could make it out to the Xmas Bully walk in Toronto.. and if you want links to the other chapters i will be back with them :)

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108551269215595&index=1

Chris21711
November 17th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'm happy to see you are keeping up the good fight babyrocky :thumbs up

Is there any way you can post details of the Oshawa case, I can't seem to find it.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I'm happy to see you are keeping up the good fight babyrocky :thumbs up

Is there any way you can post details of the Oshawa case, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks Chris, the fight back started here at Pets.ca for me before the ban. I had never even posted on a chat board before LOL.. but everyone here was so supportive and the next thing i know I had founded the "Pittie Co-op" birthplace right here!

It's been a long six years though!

Ill look for some links to Leo's case, (the Oshawa Case) there is a rally on Friday in Oshawa to save his life!

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-leo-the-service-pitbull-being-put-to-death/
Here is the petition link for Leo.
His owner who is hearing impaired had Leo leashed and muzzled but he removed the muzzle for Leo to take a drink, Oshawa AC officers arrived at Jared's (the owners) home the following day and had him sign papers which Jared believed were going to result in him being fined, he did not understand that he had signed Leo over to the city.
The statement from Oshawa is that DOLA, (pittie ban) requires That Leo be put down because they believe he is four years old.. too young to be born in ONscario.
There is a growing movement to stop this from Happening and there has been an offer made to help both the owner and his dog move out of province.. the owner has stated he will do that.. DOLA does not require that the dog be put down, it contains the option for "pit bulls" to be relocated out of province.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/11/15/16158636.html

mastifflover
November 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM
You have done a great job and continue to. Glad you stopped by to update us. That story is just so sad. My god the dog did nothing wrong if only the justice system punished criminals as vigorously as they do an innocent dog.

Chris21711
November 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the link Babyrocky :thumbs up

Oshawa AC definately went overboard.....but Leo's owner imo was setting Leo up for failure in not getting him neutered....I can't fathom some people :(