Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye Rudy

dmc123
November 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
It is fitting that the weather today is dark, dreary, rainy and cool. Days like this always seem a bit sad to me. Today, it is even more fitting - since we said goodbye to Rudy this morning.

He lived a very long time, 14 years 9 1/2 months. He had not really been Rudy for the last several years with all his ailments and pains, and has barely been able to walk for over a year. He endured a lot, mostly having to give up his independence and ability to move as he wanted. He has relied on us for all he needed and trusted us in everything we did.

Today, he relied on us and trusted us to know it was time. It was time to say goodbye. It was time for us to let go. So, through tears we let him go.

I carried him into the house as an 8 week old puppy in 1996. Today I carried him out for the last time - November 15, 2010.

But the Rudy we'll remember is not the one in pain - we'll remember him when he was young, painfree, and happily playing ball or running around the yard. That is how He will live on in our hearts....

Diane

Rudy in Jan 2010
Rudy sharing his bed with Stanley, Nov 2010

BenMax
November 15th, 2010, 03:57 PM
My sincere condolences for your loss.:grouphug:

Rudy..little one, run free and wild. You are loved and will always be.:rip:

Winston
November 15th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Diane and family I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Rudy. He certainly had a long life! Its so hard when we loose them. I wish you peace and wonderful memories.

RIP sweet Rudy! Run free to the bridge!
:rip::dog:

doggy lover
November 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Diane so sorry about Rudy, my thoughts are with you...:rip:Rudy:angel:

chico2
November 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Diane,I am so very sorry to read about Rudy,we wish they would never leave,but that's not to be.
Rudy had a wonderful long life,I know,right now it is no comfort,but Rudy is at peace now,no more pain..
:candle:Sweet Rudy

luckypenny
November 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
My sympathies to you and your family, Diane :grouphug:.

RIP Rudy :candle:

diandpat
November 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Awwwww sweet Rudy. What a wonderful life you had here on earth.

Now you can run young whole and healthy again at the Bridge keeping an eye on your family until you meet again.

:rip: Rudy
:grouphug: to dmc123 :(

Marty11
November 15th, 2010, 06:03 PM
So sorry for your loss. Now he's your angel. :angel2::rip:

hazelrunpack
November 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy, Diane :grouphug: My thoughts and prayers are with you. May your heart find solace in all the wonderful memories you made with your boy over his long life!

He's young again and waiting for you at the Bridge!

:candle: Rudy

14+kitties
November 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
:candle::rip: Rudy :candle: You're running free and able at the bridge.
Diane, I am so very sorry. :grouphug: Please know we are here for you. It's been a tough year for you as well. :grouphug: I am sure Rudy will be waiting at the bridge for you and your roomie to join him again. :grouphug: to you both.

Love4himies
November 15th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I am so sorry, Diane :grouphug: He is now pain free, running around like a pup.
:rip: Rudy :candle:

pbpatti
November 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I am so very sorry that Rudy had to leave his earthly body, now he is pain free and running with those that went before him. :pray::angel2: Rudy..

dmc123
November 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Thank you to all, your words sure help. I think I've cried over each post, but in a good way, I know you all care.

Thanks,
Diane

rjolly1967
November 16th, 2010, 01:16 AM
:sorry:so sorry for your loss :grouphug:he is at rainbow bridge having a good time pain free ,just praying for peace .I know how it is for sure .R.I.P.:candle:RUDY:rip::angel2::sorry:

mastifflover
November 16th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I am so sorry you lost Rudy but just remember he loved you and trusted you to make the right decisions for him. You did, and you gave him love and a safe and caring home. He is watching over you, and running and playing pain free he is once again the pup you brought home many years ago. RIP sweet Rudy.

CarolynInPEI
November 16th, 2010, 10:11 AM
My condolences to you and your family. It's never easy to let them go.

:rip: Rudy :angel2:

Rgeurts
November 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry for you and your family :cry: :(
I hope you will eventually find peace and happiness in the wonderful memories you are sure to have :grouphug:

:rip: sweet Rudy :candle: :dog:

Chris21711
November 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of Rudy's passing :grouphug:

:candle: Sweet Rudy :cloud9:

marko
November 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I too would like to offer you and your family my deepest condolences :sorry:

My wife and I are still getting over our own recent loss so we totally understand what you are going through. It does get a bit easier with time and of course it's normal to be all messed up over this. Pets are family :grouphug:

:rip: sweet Rudy :candle:

Sincerely

Marko

Dog Dancer
November 16th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Rudy. You know already that we all understand and share your pain. Rudy is running pain free at the bridge now, waiting to reunite with you at a later time. RIP sweet Rudy, you were and always will be loved.

loopoo
November 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM
it is so hard as parents to our furkids to have to make the decision of when it is time at all... he was obviously loved, and is pain free and at peace and watching over you now... my condolences, RIP Rudy:angel2:

dmc123
November 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you everyone, it does help to read your kind words.

Diane

Shaykeija
November 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Rudy knew that you loved him enough to set his spirit free.

TeriM
November 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I'm so sorry Diane :grouphug:. Even when we know it is time they still leave a horrible hole in our lives :cry:.

Rudy :candle:

growler~GateKeeper
November 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Rudy :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug: