Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Husky needs a home

winnie
September 15th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Hi!
I have a 5 month old Husky mixed with collie which I can't keep. My husband bought him (Toby) for the family and we are now seperated. I have 2 kids one of which is very allergic to Toby and has been miserable ever since. I can't handle it all right now. Toby is gentle and great with children. He's not fully house trained (I just don't have the time). Since my husband is gone the dog is alone ALL DAY from 7am to 6pm. It's not fair to poor Toby to be cooped up for so long!!!
Anyone interested?? please let me know, I live in Montreal and although it will break my heart to let him go it will also be a relief.

Lucky Rescue
September 15th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Is Toby neutered?

winnie
September 15th, 2004, 01:44 PM
He is not neutered yet. I got him at the SPCA and the neutering in included in the price. So whoever takes him will get my papers so that he or she can get him neutered for free. He still has to go for vaccines real soon, but that will cost about $35.00.

GsdDiamond
September 15th, 2004, 02:33 PM
You should get him neutered before you adopt him out, just to be sure he won't end up in a mill someplace.

winnie
September 15th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the tip!

GsdDiamond
September 15th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Glad to help! Good luck finding him a new home. Possibly mention your situation where you work. Maybe you have a co-worker who would love him as much as you do. It's worth a whirl.

Lucky Rescue
September 15th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Yes, definitely get him neutered. I'll put him on my Petfinder site, if you want to send me a picture and description of him.

laurent376@hotmail.com

winnie
September 16th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks for your help. I did mention it at work and their all helping me try to find him a home. One of my co-workers took a picture of him for me today so I'll be able to post it. He's a real sweetie!! She may have found a home for him already (I hope). I'll find out for sure tomorow!

winnie
September 22nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
I'm very happy to say that one of my co-workers has adopted Toby! She just e-mailed me a picture of him and he looks happy!! It brought tears to my eyes to see him but made me really happy to know he is being well taken care of. My co-worker will continue to send me pictures so that I could see him grow up!

chico2
September 22nd, 2004, 08:59 AM
Good stuff Winnie :D I am very happy for you and Toby!!

winnie
September 22nd, 2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the support!!

mastifflover
September 22nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Glad you both had a happy ending

GsdDiamond
September 22nd, 2004, 01:04 PM
That's super news!