- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Looking for Specialist on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver, BC

November 15th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Our dog has numerous allergies that result in a variety of skin issues. The latest flair up has resulted in us thinking of requesting a referral to a vet who specializes in canine allergies and/or skin problems.

Can anyone give us the name of someone to ask for? Looking for someone on Vancouver Island or in the Vancouver area.


November 17th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Canada West Veterinary Specialists has an Allergy Clinic within their Dermatology Department

Appointments with Canada West is by referral only, and located in Vancouver

I have had both a dog and a cat in for different procedures at Canada West, the staff are wonderful :thumbs up

Good Luck :goodvibes:

arlene charach
January 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
the animal dermatology clinic is in richmond bc. The website is http://www.bcskinvet (

January 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I might try the dermatologist first. Can West is very expensive and unlike Growler, I have had nothing but bad experiences with them :frustrated: