Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Someone actually listened!!

14+kitties
November 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
One of the customers I put through my line last night had canned cat food. As always big mouth here made a comment about it. :rolleyes: Mostly because I knocked over his pile of cans when I put them through the scanner. We got talking and he asked what canned was better. I told him about all the good grain/corn/byproduct free ones. I could tell his eyes were glazing when I mentioned prices so I said even if he went a step or two up it would be better than what he was feeding. He agreed and said he would do that next time he shopped.
Then he told me it was me that told him to change his cat to canned about six months ago. Before that he was feeding dry. :thumbs up I asked how the cat was doing. He said amazingly well. No more hacking up almost every single day after eating. Kitty's coat is softer, kitty is more energetic and kitty had dropped a little weight. So...... if this is what the cheapest food going can do just think about what the best canned or raw does.
I am just absolutely amazed someone actually listened! :highfive:

Love4himies
November 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Wahoo :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up. I saw the amazing difference in Puddles so I know it does do amazing things.

Sylvie
November 15th, 2010, 11:19 AM
You know 14+, I think a lot more people listen than we think.

I have a friend who's husband would never get his male dogs fixed. Now they have 2 males and both are fixed. It just takes time and a lot of patience. I found that if I did not push anything they would listen and then think about it and also observe. Patience does go a long way.

I am sure you have changed a lot of people's ideas about kitties. :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Funny Sylvie, now that you mention it I remember when you came for a visit with Winston. You said then that you would never look at cats the same way. But that wasn't me. That was my marvelous babies teaching you. :grouphug:

Sylvie
November 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM
You are so right 14+ I do look at cats in a new way. I wanted to take a couple home with me.

I know there are cats around here, but I never see them, I would take them in for sure. I am so glad that I do not see any on the road. It would break my heart. :( You and Winston have taught me a lot. Not to mention the other wonderful people on this site.

Dog Dancer
November 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Yay! Of course people listen to you 14+. I agree that we don't always notice it, but if we mention stuff (like food and spaying/neutering) it doesn't always fall on deaf ears. :thumbs up You're doing much more good than you know my friend. I've managed to switch several people over the years from crap dry dog food to better brands. It's always a good feeling isn't it.

krdahmer
November 15th, 2010, 01:12 PM
:thumbs upAwesome! Love it when something we tell people actually sinks in!!!

diandpat
November 15th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Actually listens???? OMG YOU are in large part the reason I DO have cats at all. The folks on this board make so much sense. I love poring over threads learning about food, behavior, and health.

I have no doubt it is why my ginger is still kicking at 16.5, that Hobo has not had a back incident in YEARS (knocks wood) and that my two rhino/herpes cats have not had a flare up since we adopted them.

I know there is a lot of controversy over some threads and replies that are given at times but the truth is the info that comes out is good. I don't comment a lot on this board (as evidenced by my posts count :laughing::laughing::laughing:) but I read everything and am so thankful. I too share what I have learned and hope that people listen :shrug: I am quite sure that some do :thumbs up

14+, keep it up...you make a whole lot of sense! :highfive:

Masha
November 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, people listen!! not all granted.... but even if some do its all worth it!!

You have no idea how many times I have used advice and guidance that you have provided. I have people at work and friends ask me questions about cats, and I would go read posts and give them info that i found and they use it!!

I have switched my dog to raw, cats to wet, and had the courage to take a second kitty because of all the pets.ca info and support!!!

dont ever stop!!

14+kitties
November 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Awww thanks Di. :grouphug: I know the folks on this site listen. Or at least hope they do. After all, that's how some of them find Pets in the first place - looking for advise. However, I don't think customers coming in to do their grocery shopping expect to get a lesson in feeding their cats. :laughing: I cringe every time one of those cheap 3 dollar bags of food are included in an order. That's when I want to take the person and have a heart to heart with them. :(

It was really funny at the end of the conversation last night when the gentleman said I should take my enthusiasm and turn it towards marriage counselling. He said I could probably save quite a few marriages. :laugh::laugh: I told him thanks but no thanks. I'd stick to cats. They are a lot easier!

BenMax
November 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM
That is fantastic 14+K. Hey...I listened and forever grateful. See how many people you have touched???

Now he will pass on his knowledge and so forth. I did as well.:thumbs up

14+kitties
November 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks Masha and BM! :grouphug: :o

chico2
November 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
14+I am sure more people listen than you think,many just don't want to admit you are right.
I have talked to Fates owner(he currently has 2 cats in the house)he feeds them the same dry junk every day:evil:
His excuse,their teeth are great...never mind how the rest of their bodies are doing:yell:
In many cases I think it's just laziness and maybe not caring about the cats the way we do.
I am glad you got through to one person,if not more,the kitties are thanking you:cat::grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
November 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhh :thumbs up

Magicwildwolf69
November 16th, 2010, 01:00 AM
14+ you are just amazing with all your knowledge and heart. I love listening to you and have learned many new things from reading your post. Just remember sometimes for every 4 people that may not listen there is one that does and those numbers add up quick. Keep up the great work!

14+kitties
November 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM
:grouphug: Thanks ladies!! I am still stoked that I have proof!

ancientgirl
November 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
That's wonderful! Even if it was just one person, out of the tons you speak to it's still fantastic. That person can then take the message to other people, and now he has seen it for himself with his own cat. It takes just a few people to listen and educate others, that's making a difference which is great.