Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First time poster/cat owner with a question

jassy3399
November 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi all, as the header says, I'm a first time poster here, as well as a first time cat owner. I got my kitten Gizmo a few weeks ago, and he's about 12 weeks old right now. He's up to date on shots/deworming and the vet told me that he's completely healthy. He's certainly very active! But my question is this: this morning, while we were having a lazy morning on the couch, he was kneading and suckling the fleece blanket as normal while I was petting him. My hand brushed his genitals while I was rubbing his belly, and I found a clear, slightly sticky fluid that had no odor. He hasn't shown any signs of illness, he's not licking himself excessively, and he's eating and drinking as normal. was this ejaculate? Because I wouldn't have thought he was old enough for that to be an issue yet. Please help!

chico2
November 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM
jassy,welcome to the world of kitties and our Forum.
The kneading and suckling is perfectly normal,my 14yr old and 8 yr-old cats still do it,no suckling though.
I don't know if he was stimulated to ejaculate,but I suppose it could be,not that it really matters,I am sure he's a healthy little guy.
However,if you think he has a discharge and you notice it more often,maybe you should talk to a vet.
You know,we love kitten-pics;)

jassy3399
November 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not at all worried about the kneading/suckling -- with the way he purrs while he's doing it, I hope he never stops! It's adorable. I'm just a bit puzzled by the sticky stuff, edging towards a little grossed out. If nothing else, he does have one more booster shot coming the 22nd, so as long as no one thinks it's something that needs to be checked sooner, I can wait.

and I do have an album up of both my guys, but here's a pic of Gizmo (kitten)

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=3948

Koteburo
November 15th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I'm not at all worried about the kneading/suckling -- with the way he purrs while he's doing it, I hope he never stops! It's adorable. I'm just a bit puzzled by the sticky stuff, edging towards a little grossed out. If nothing else, he does have one more booster shot coming the 22nd, so as long as no one thinks it's something that needs to be checked sooner, I can wait.

and I do have an album up of both my guys, but here's a pic of Gizmo (kitten)

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=3948

Adoooorable!!! :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

I think if Gizmo keeps eating normally, playful, napping, everything seems fine you shouldn't worry. Just keep a close eye on him to make sure for now. Maybe it was pee even, kitten pee doesn't smell like adult cat pee. A good appetite and going to the litter regularly are signs of good health.