Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

about Sadie being spayed

rjolly1967
November 14th, 2010, 03:57 AM
:shrug:Sadie was spayed Friday we had a a hard night she was throwing up and pee everywhere ,she has stoped throwing up but wow she is still peeing all the time like every 5 min and then some times she has to go and nothing comes out but she goes all the time and does not make it out side alot of the time ,I am going to call vet in am but any advice will be great :pawprint:looks like it is going to be a hard night again every 5 min pee :dog:

mastifflover
November 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Definitely call your vet. The throwing up could have been from the anesthetic. But the peeing is not something I have ever experienced.

Love4himies
November 14th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes: your way :grouphug:

Rgeurts
November 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I hope Sadie is ok :shrug: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Peeing like that after being spayed/neutered is not something I have ever dealt with :shrug:

Thorin did pee alot, but he also had bladder stones removed at the same time he was neutered, so it was normal. Let us know how she is doing please :)

chico2
November 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Jolly, it certainly does not seem normal...but I hope she will be ok:pray:poor Sadie and you:grouphug:

rjolly1967
November 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM
:pawprint::pawprint:Sadie is doing alot better today :thumbs up she has stoped peeing alot and throwing up was the meds the dr gave her before surgery but she is still laying around but is good because I do not want her to jump around yet ,she goes back to get stiches out in 10 days ,thanks for everything :pawprint:

Sylvie
November 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I am so glad to hear that she is doing much better.

They worry us so much.:D

chico2
November 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
That's great news Jolly:thumbs up
I have no experience with dog-spaying,so I did not really know what to think,but I am relieved there does not seem to be more trouble:dog:

Marty11
November 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I have heard that young pups bounce back fast and older dogs heal alot slower. Maybe that is all it is.

Sylvie
November 15th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have heard that young pups bounce back fast and older dogs heal alot slower. Maybe that is all it is.

LIke in humans, when I got spayed :laughing::laughing: I bounced back pretty fast but my friend had a slow recovery.

hazelrunpack
November 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear she seems to be recovering! :highfive:

rjolly1967
November 16th, 2010, 01:12 AM
we had to take Sadie back to vet and I am very upset with the vet so I am going to find another one for sure ,my hubby took her in she has blood in her urin and that is not normal at all ,you know what the vet looked at her took her temp and gave her a anitbotic that is all ,why didnt he do a urin test gosh and come to find out this vet does not even have a large scale to weigh animals with so I wonder how in the heck did he weigh her to give her meds to have surgery the vet told me they guess ,well hello I am not a vet but I know that is not right,so any how we found another vet I am going to my mothernlaws vet on Thursday will update with I hope good news

Love4himies
November 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
:eek: I am glad you are going to a different vet :thumbs up, sending lots of :goodvibes: for Sadie :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
November 16th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Good plan to find another vet at this point. Here's hoping that all goes well with the new vet and that Sadie is fast on the road to recovery now.