Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

not so minuature schnauzer

dashn'us
November 8th, 2010, 05:32 PM
We took Dash to the vet today just for fun and to see how much he weighed. He's already 17 lbs! He's not even six months old! Last time we took him (mid-october) he was 11.8lbs. Clearly he's growing fast. He's not overweight or anything he's just very tall and very long. We just can't believe how quick he's growing. Not so easy to carry him anymore.

breeze
November 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
how big will he get for a regular schnauzer??

I don't know to much about this breed :o

luckypenny
November 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
What a little munchkin Dash is :cloud9:. Is always as serious as he looks in the photos? I laughed when I saw the other little dog up on the picnic table in the first pic :laughing:.

dashn'us
November 8th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Well he's supposed to be a mini schnauzer which should get no bigger than 20 pounds. However he's already 17 at 6 months lol. A standard will get up to about 70-100 pounds. He just has to stop growing.

He's usually the happiest little guy ever, we just happen to snatch the photos at the right time haha the dogs are always up on the tables!

breeze
November 8th, 2010, 10:30 PM
:eek:that a big difference in weight...from a mini to a reg..
he still is a cutie....

by the way how is his coughing??

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2010, 11:46 PM
He sure is a cutie!! :flirt: The expression in that second pic gave me a chuckle! :laughing:

Marty11
November 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Dash is a beauty!

rainbow
November 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
What a handsome boy .....I love the black and white shot. :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
November 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Dash is so cute! I didn't even notice the other pup on the table to be honest. Lunch time! You'll love Dash just as much even if he weighs in at 70 lbs though - right!!!

dashn'us
November 9th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Oops! Sorry. GIANT schnauzers are 70-100 pounds. Standard are about 40 pounds. My bad, must have skipped part of that sentence.

And thank you for asking, his cough is all gone now :) We were very worried about it but it seemed to get better quickly. He's back running around with the other dogs at the park.

And of course! We would love him even if he weighed 100 pounds, he's our little guy. Crazy how attached you get to them. I hate leaving him at home even to run to the store.

mastifflover
November 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
There is just more to love when they are big. Also the bigger they are the suckier they are. They just look intimidating.